Witch preamp with Aleph 5?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone.
I am now finishing the construction of two stereo monaural amplifiers Aleph5.
I would like to use them in the future to drive bi-amping full-range speakers from the Troels Gravsen workshop:
Jenzen CA
I want to use a DAC with storage in a local NAS as a music source.

Now to the question - which Pre-amp to use?
I know that Aleph 5 is not powerful enough in terms of bass, but I would like to take advantage of the low band gain using BIAMP 6-24 ACTIVE CROSSOVER.
I can go the route: DAC -> any pre-amp aka. B1? -> CRS.OVER -> 2x ALEPH5 input -> Subbas + fullrange input speakers.

I'm still undecided with the choice of speakers, but I'd like to keep the requirement for a full-range system, possibly with a bass-horn baffle.
Given that the system will also be used to listen to home theater, I am considering adding subwoofers.

However, I like to hear the experiences of others.
The bottom line is, choose a pre-amp capable of feeding enough as a crossover, as well as a bi-amp connection of Aleph 5 amplifiers.
Thanks for any feedback on both the pre-amp and speaker selection

However, I like to hear the experiences of others.
The conclusion is etak, choose a pre-amp capable of feeding enough both a crossover and a bi-amp connection of Aleph 5 amplifiers.
Thanks for any feedback on both the pre-amp and speaker selection

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    420.8 KB · Views: 138
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    410.6 KB · Views: 131
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    630.8 KB · Views: 132
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.