New Stasis front end

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Trying to finish the Boards and mount them on the heathsinks today, while choosing the washer I found something interesting, see the picture so I’m debating between 16mm and 20mm, what do you think?

They were all tightened up to 9nm.

IMG_1096.jpg

Adding a second picture, in this one you can see the damage that the pads took with the different washers, clearly the biggest the washer the least the damage.

IMG_1098.jpg
Dykem or magic marker on base of washer and on device. Fine file or diamond lapping stone (best) to remove stain. Install with Belleville Lock Washers.

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2014
Paid Member
You will find they use different units to specify torque, but when converted to nM, they are lucky to reach 1nM.
Depending on manufacturers specs on flatness, if the pieces are not, torque will rise. Heat transfer suffers.

Simple to check as this is DIY and parts wil not come to user in best possible condition. Simple to check this up front.

That's right.

With bipolars, more is more.

Hahahaha
Can anyone elaborate on this.. Obviously with more output devices you get more power, but do you not also get more noise (generally)?

I'm just wondering if these is some characteristic of BJTs that lowers the overall THD when lots of them are in parallel? Perhaps a stupid question.

My assumption was that devices had to be matched and selected for gain/ lowest noise.

Hi Nelson,
Gary S has been guiding me on a rebuild of my Stasis 2 , I’ve basically replaced everything internally bar the transformer .
I’m now at the stage of biasing the amp but I’m not get any voltage ( mv ) at the 1 ohm resistor ?
When I turn the P2 pot nothing happens, it does give a variable voltage at D+ and D- .
I’ve checked over everything over and over , no shorts etc and I’m getting 72v at the rails .
Any ideas please?
Btw I’m a complete amateur ( never done this before)
IMG_5615.jpeg

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
no need to bring that in this thread, when you already have your own dedicated thread

everyone will help you as much they're able to help, better to keep all info in one thread

.............in fact, good that you asked for help here, some of members actually building this one could chime in your thread and offer some measuring data of their amps

Reactions: 1 user
no need to bring that in this thread, when you already have your own dedicated thread

everyone will help you as much they're able to help, better to keep all info in one thread

.............in fact, good that you asked for help here, some of members actually building this one could chime in your thread and offer some measuring data of their amps
Hopefully someone may learn from what I haven’t done 😁