Ultimate 4U 500mm Chassis - Who is interested?

Base Plate Option

• Standard Aluminium 3mm or 4mm

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Aluminium + Custom Perforated Steel Base Plate 470mm to 480mm

Votes: 16 76.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm happy about the success of this project, but dropped out early when I realized that it would not be suitable for the projects that I have in mind. The real estate available in this chassis strongly suggests a dual mono approach, which would mean a very heavy final product, maybe even a two-person lift.

Now that it has come to pass, however, Gianluca, let me ask you this: Might you develop a large heatsink monoblock chassis at some point? With perhaps a 5U 300 or 400mm heatsink, suitable for some of those big device, hot running amps that are popping up these days? I know I could just order two 5U Deluxe chassis from the store, but the wasted extra heatsink and the unnecessary weight (and presumably cost) would keep me up at night. ;-)

Congrats again on the success of this project.

We've had other people ask for a MonoBlock chassis in the past so there is definitely some interest.

As I have said other times we are open to all kind of suggestions, the main thing to keep into consideration is that in order to develop a new product we need CAD drawings representing how the chassis would need to be made.

Pico has done a wonderful job in submitting these for this project and I think this should apply to other things as well.

What I am trying to say is we cannot "come up" with ideas and this is where the community comes in: how knows better than the people on the forums what would work best for them?

We are more than happy to happy with new projects, we just need to know exactly what people want and how they want us to do it :)

And yes, these chassis are heavy. One boxed kit is about 17 kg!

Last edited:
I don't have CAD skills, but maybe Pico will be ready to move on to the next big thing soon, like in ... February.

Hope this does happen someday. We prefer working with you rather than ordering something with fingers crossed from some other source.

Thanks for your support, appreciate it :) It's just a matter of understanding how to mount the part without the heatsink, everything else should be a breeze