Ultimate 4U 500mm Chassis - Who is interested?

Base Plate Option

• Standard Aluminium 3mm or 4mm

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Aluminium + Custom Perforated Steel Base Plate 470mm to 480mm

Votes: 16 76.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks for the update Gianluca, for those contemplating adding front handles at some stage, what size hole needs to be drilled, what size screw is required and do they come with the front panel handle kit?

Provided that my eyes are seeing straight, I'm measuring 4 mm based on the "Front Panel 1U 2U 3U 4U 5U" CAD file that I found on the ModuShop website. Deference to Gianluca for the final word on the technical detail.

I'd expect that you'll have a metric drill bit in your shed that will do the job. Straight forward with my drill press when I did it the last time but I'd expect that careful hand drilling with the job piece clamped in place would get the job done (along with sufficient application of drilling fluid).

Last edited:
Thanks everybody for the kind words :)

Thank you kindly.
At the moment the only shopping option I can see for Singapore is FedEx Economy.

Sorry I had missed this post! Shipping charges to Singapore with EMS have been loaded, next time you place an order you can choose this courier over FedEx

I am inteterested in ordering two chassis complete kit if or when that is possible. Thank you. Mike

Hello Mike,

Sure, orders are currently closed because we needed to know the exact number of chassis we have to produce. As soon as we have finished producing them and we know the exact number of chassis left you'll be able to place your order

And here are some pictures which are going to make somebody happy ;)

Dropbox - 1610964343543.jpg - Simplify your life

Dropbox - 1610964343528.jpg - Simplify your life

Last edited:
Thanks everybody for the kind words :)

Sorry I had missed this post! Shipping charges to Singapore with EMS have been loaded, next time you place an order you can choose this courier over FedEx

Hello Mike,

Sure, orders are currently closed because we needed to know the exact number of chassis we have to produce. As soon as we have finished producing them and we know the exact number of chassis left you'll be able to place your order

And here are some pictures which are going to make somebody happy ;)

Dropbox - 1610964343543.jpg - Simplify your life

Dropbox - 1610964343528.jpg - Simplify your life

Hi Gianluca

Those back panels look different than the dxf files.
Maybe the wrong photos?

Joined 2019
Paid Member
A 5U/400 deluxe is the closest off the shelf option I can come up with.

Similarities / Differences. Height and depth are obviously different, but they're close for total heatsink area. It comes pre-tapped/drilled. Shipping is included in the cost for the US. A full back panel kit and other parts/kits are available for ease of ordering a full bundle in one shipment if you like.