Ultimate 4U 500mm Chassis - Who is interested?

Base Plate Option

• Standard Aluminium 3mm or 4mm

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Aluminium + Custom Perforated Steel Base Plate 470mm to 480mm

Votes: 16 76.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No pilot holes for front panel handles, there are handles on the rear panel like Pass Labs.
If you really want handles on the front panel Gianluca might be able to add blind pilot holes on the front panel.

For info, I sent the following query to Gianluca:
Please confirm that the face plate includes holes for mounting the 1MAL04N 4U handles as per modushop standard.
Reply as follows:
Yes, the front panel of this chassis has the predrilled holes in the back part to mount the handles.
So, that's handy and makes sense given their standard offering.

I know from experience with the 5U Deluxe that I've got kitted out with the Modushop milled handles that they instill confidence when moving the lump of metal around. The large diameter handles really offers a firm, comfortable grip. Works for me .. :up:

Hopefully useful for others to know that they've got the option.

The holes are blind, so (putting aside the customised LED holes) the front face is solid. It's a doddle to drill out the blind holes from the back. From experience, it all fits together glove-in-hand style.

It would be an easy retrofit if you start out with Plan A and then decide to go to Plan B.

Unfortunately, the carriers are making a fortune at the moment, using the veil of Covid 19 as a poor excuse. Modushop can only quote what the carriers are demanding at the moment. What is even more worrying is once Covid quietens down, do you honestly think the shippers will lower their rates - not bloody likely. :(

I confirm all the front panels are going to have blind holes in the rear part to mount the handles. If you plan to use them you simply have to "fully drill" them.

We have now reached the magical number and our engineer is already working on the CNC programs, thanks to everybody for making this happen :)

I have also made them unpurchasable for the time being so we know exactly how many we have to produce. Once we finish producing them I will set the available quantity to the ones we have produced but not sold so if there is still someone who wants one or two they can get them

Last edited:
Unfortunately, the carriers are making a fortune at the moment, using the veil of Covid 19 as a poor excuse. Modushop can only quote what the carriers are demanding at the moment. What is even more worrying is once Covid quietens down, do you honestly think the shippers will lower their rates - not bloody likely. :(

Yes indeed - let me ask the question in a different way. In many countries there is a slow mail option (in the Ex British colonies, this is often called “surface mall”). Regardless of the overall level of freight rates, it appears that uniformly, faster service requires higher rates. And if slow delivery is acceptable then lower rates apply. Now for lightweight items, the difference is often not sufficient to make a difference. But when you’re shipping large items it can be.

The question I have is simply if it’s possible to make available a slower shipping option at lower cost for these heavy chassis ? I’ve paid for my chassis and default delivery already so this is perhaps more relevant for future purchases or for the benefit of others.

Yes I totally get what you mean. The slower, cheaper option is usually EMS. It can be used for any country we want but we try to avoid using it because it is unreliable (last december they were on strike for 10 days!), tracking website is very slow in updating and the website to create the airway bill is always a mess.

Before this group buy, we did not use it for specific countries (Canada and Australia) but since we had some people ask for a cheaper shipping option we have decided to add it for them

I confirm all the front panels are going to have blind holes in the rear part to mount the handles. If you plan to use them you simply have to "fully drill" them.

We have now reached the magical number and our engineer is already working on the CNC programs, thanks to everybody for making this happen :)

I have also made them unpurchasable for the time being so we know exactly how many we have to produce. Once we finish producing them I will set the available quantity to the ones we have produced but not sold so if there is still someone who wants one or two they can get them

I am inteterested in ordering two chassis complete kit if or when that is possible. Thank you. Mike