Ultimate 4U 500mm Chassis - Who is interested?

Base Plate Option

• Standard Aluminium 3mm or 4mm

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Aluminium + Custom Perforated Steel Base Plate 470mm to 480mm

Votes: 16 76.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Another small update on the list of people who have already placed their order:

Ozorfis x 2
Kbergsson x 1
ItsAllInMyHead x 2
Pico x 2
BrianGasberg x 1
pwagner x 3
dantwomey x 1
Gary S x 2
wg45 x 1
windward x 1
Hey Bill x 2
GnuB x 1
Savu x 2
Tungsten Audio x 1
ARGOS x 1
Mirlo x 2
HiFiBlueDevil x 1
Blk Dynamite x 2
Sampsonite x 1
Dennis Hui x 2
PierreQuiRoue x 1
SubbuK x 1
Gerald1951 x 1
goliraja x 2
Drew x 2

Only 2 more and we are good to go!

pico thanks for the front panel dxf.and the organisation.

For clarity, is the front panel inside surface finished with blind pilot holes to permit drilling front handles as per the standard offering?:
4 Unita (H165)

Post #1 doesn't consolidate the chassis spec. From what I can make out, the details are summarised at #356 Chassis Specs.

I also found #301 Back Panel II with Handle Mounting Holes - UPDATED.

Does the above represent the latest state of play? Or were there further updates?

If you could post the dxf for the latest back panel detail, the OCD side of me would appreciate it. Seriously, I may do some customisation and working with the dxfs would save me messing around.. :up:

Thanks for the update Gianluca, so total is up to 38 chassis, there are still 8 or so people on pico's list that committed to buy that have not ordered as yet and there are others who have ordered since the order page was up and running. Thanks to all who have ordered, I am sure Gianluca has his team all fired up to get on with the manufacture, so we just need to get the others to get their order in, you might miss out if too late.

Can anyone give me an idea what they're paying for shipping? I'm finding the only option for shipping to NZ is by Fedex at a whopping 147.00€ (about $180 USD). In the past, i've ordered chassis from DIYAudioStore.com with a flat rate around Fedex $40 to NZ for chassis which was quite reasonable.

I am paying 110 Euro per chassis to Australia with EMS shipping - Gianluca might have to confirm if that is OK for shipping to NZ. Note: shipping costs have increased dramatically due to the Covid situation. Less planes flying and I also think the carriers are milking it as well to increase profit!!

Also this chassis is heavier = 17Kg. So, if you want 2 , you have to order separately as 2 chassis goes over the 30Kg max weight limit.

Last edited:
Can anyone give me an idea what they're paying for shipping? I'm finding the only option for shipping to NZ is by Fedex at a whopping 147.00€ (about $180 USD). In the past, i've ordered chassis from DIYAudioStore.com with a flat rate around Fedex $40 to NZ for chassis which was quite reasonable.

DiyAudio store works in a different way as part of shipping charges are usually added to the actual price of the chassis so they are always lower than purchasing directly from our website.

Plus, FedEx only works with Priority Service to AU and NZ and prices have skyrocketed with new year

I've ordered & paid to meet my commitment - the postage to Singapore was half the chassis price (114 euros for delivery vs 250 for the actual work from the modushop team).

I don't mind waiting much much much much much longer for a lower price delivery option as this is nowhere near urgent. Seems silly to pay away so much for quick delivery as this is not really a heart transplant surgery type of urgency hehe....

Last edited:

DiyAudio store works in a different way as part of shipping charges are usually added to the actual price of the chassis so they are always lower than purchasing directly from our website.

Plus, FedEx only works with Priority Service to AU and NZ and prices have skyrocketed with new year

Yep - my last metal work order cost me USD$57 for FedEx to Oz via the store back in Dec 2018. Given the world situation, I just console myself with the mind set I apply to the gruppo selection for my roadie (bicycle) with the phrase:
Campag[nolo] wears in, <insert disparaged competitor's brand name who shall not be named but also makes excellent fishing reels> wears out.
In my book, Italian engineering is worth it.

The above serves as a segue for me to state, "I'm in and the deal is done".

So, hopefully by pico standard I've been elevated to "Legend" status and I can soon enjoy some toxic masculinity (even though, I'm sure the girls are welcome to become legends as well)... :up: