F6 on capacitive load

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I'm building an F6 amplifier and soon I will build a Jeff Bagby's speaker, the Helios.

DIY Loudspeaker Project Pad Public Group | Facebook

Explaining the choices made for the crossover Jeff said "Regarding the impedance, the minimum measured impedance is at 4.5 ohm at 114 Hz, and the impedance runs above this over the rest of the spectrum. Most manufacturers would still call this an 8 ohm speaker. You may call it whatever you wish, because that single designation means very little. The tweeter’s crossover is very capacitive in nature due the very high roll-off. As a result, it should be noted that the maximum phase angle occurs at 9.7 kHz at 12.5 ohms and -63 degrees. At 20 kHz it is 6.5 ohms and still has a capacitive phase angle of -54 degrees"

The question is , F6 will have difficulties to drive this capacitive load?

Maybe in the future i will build another Firstwatt amp for passive biamp, is there another amp that will drive better the tweeter crossover?

Thank's to all, Luca

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.