Simple SE Sit Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Very depressing, only 90 available. Sort of like getting a Covid 19, shot. Oh well....

I participated in the Pfizer trial this summer, but got placebo. Now 10 days after my second real vaccine dosing. (I’m a physician) They are currently vaccinating 75+ in my state. I think the healthy, younger folks will end up getting their shots at drive though locations after more of the vaccines are approved.

That being said, the COVID “break” allowed me to finish off, and refine my M2x monoblocks,and work on way too many daughter cards.

Looking forward to this new amp 😎

Joined 2019
Paid Member
Excited about the release, I am new to VFETs as I am a tubehead but have had my eye on trying one of NP's VFET designs. Assuming I'm not lucky enough to get one of the 180 available kits, is there a particular VFET that would be recommended as an alternative that isn't completely unobtainium? Seems the 2SK180 and 2SK182 are available. Apologies if that is a stupid suggestion, unsure of the particulars of the circuitry.

Joined 2003
Paid Member

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 444
Thanks Jim, I do also hope the great looking chassis you posted a pic of will also be available as a stand alone item to buy - especially, if as you mention above, there could be at least 10 configurations to build. Members around here will be busy in 2021 with this multi config build VFET amp and the new Stasis design - all due to the great generosity of Mr Nelson Pass. :D

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I can't decide if I'm being lazy or magnanimous. Since I have one DIY VFET amp, I'll let others have a go.

Generally, n+1 is the right number of amps to have, where n is the number of amps one has. :)

In any case thanks everyone for all you share.

agree with constant "n", but in my case, additional figure is always 3+n, which is exactly how much I'm behind schedule

:bawling:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Excited about the release, I am new to VFETs as I am a tubehead but have had my eye on trying one of NP's VFET designs. Assuming I'm not lucky enough to get one of the 180 available kits, is there a particular VFET that would be recommended as an alternative that isn't completely unobtainium? Seems the 2SK180 and 2SK182 are available. Apologies if that is a stupid suggestion, unsure of the particulars of the circuitry.

re-read this (in case of Tokin SITs I believe some value changes should be needed but applicable; they're N channel, so accent on bold):

There will be two main releases. First release, any minute now, is 90 amplifiers using
the P channel VFET. This release is complete kits including chassis, far as I know.

Second release, much the same except differences to accommodate N channel
devices. Same quantity.

Additional releases for those with TO-3 VFETs of their own - 2SJ28, 2SK82
and 2SJ18, 2SK60 and anything else similar. These partial kits will also accept
various TO-3 FETs with the same pinout arrangement.

Also planned are pcb's supporting TO-247 package parts with store's UMS
mounting pattern.

:snail:

This release is complete kits including chassis, far as I know.

COOOOOOL SE Vfet is coming 'soon'! But it would be unfortunate if the case is included... certainly for EU-people (and probably other continents too)... its going to cost us on shipping and import costs + VAT (while I believe the case is originating from Modushop in Italy?). Hope the case can be chosen as an option.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.