Simple SE Sit Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I started this thread 6 months ago asking about this circuite a circuite I believe Nelson said might be adapted to almost any SIT we could find. When did it change to talking about the admittedly very fine Sony kits ?

Attachments

• SIMPLE SE SIT AMP.jpg
    SIMPLE SE SIT AMP.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 485
I started this thread 6 months ago asking about this circuite a circuite I believe Nelson said might be adapted to almost any SIT we could find. When did it change to talking about the admittedly very fine Sony kits ?

I do believe that Mr Pass himself is responsible for that with the post #3 of this thread! :D

As usual ZM is tuned into my subconscious.

Just because he loves it so much, the Edcor 600:15K is the
voltage gain stage for very-soon-to-be-released DIY Sony VFET
amplifier.

Listening done, Curves run, part list printed out.

Machinists are carving heat sink metal as we sit here, and final artwork
is ready to go out the door for quick turn-around.

I tried to make it more complicated and obscure, but it's just not in me.

The first offering will be 200 channels using P chan VFET and then 200
of N channel.

Those out there with VFETs already will be able to get kits without that
part.

:wiz: :snail:

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Nelson Pass's about-to-be-revealed DIY VFET amp has two PCBs per channel. Only one of the two PCBs has been photographed and publicly posted, the one with TO-3 mounted power transistors. That PCB does not include a "voltage gain transformer" and indeed zero transformers are visible in the photo. What the other PCB does or does not contain, has not been disclosed (to my knowledge).

Fortunately you won't have to wait long before all is revealed.

*another DIY amp with two PCBs per channel is the M2x, found in the diyAudio Store.

_

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.