Korg Nutube B1 Line Build, I need some help....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings: Built it last year for a friend. When finished it produced an intermittent whistle type noise in both channels simultaneously which I thought I had solved by taking and applying all your advices set forth in my consultation on this forum at that time. I thought it had been solved by making sure the PCB outer trace where the 4 bolts are, was connected electrically to the chassis.A few days ago my friend brought it to me because the same noise was being produced again in the right channel. It comes on after a few hours of playing time and if I press or touch the chassis it goes away, as well if I press the “tube” case. Later on the whistle starts again....so I’m including photos of the built to see if anyone of you catches something amiss. Thanks in advanced.

Attachments

• 29ADBBAB-451F-4DD6-ABD9-CCC172EE3966.jpg
    29ADBBAB-451F-4DD6-ABD9-CCC172EE3966.jpg
    669.6 KB · Views: 228
  • 256E31D2-82DC-4C2D-878E-3E106896D683.jpg
    256E31D2-82DC-4C2D-878E-3E106896D683.jpg
    742.1 KB · Views: 222
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
twisted pairs - newer twist together two channel hots

you can and it is advisable to twist only natural pair of conductors - that being channel hot wire and channel GND wire

so - rewire that thing properly, hoping that susceptibility to oscillation will go down

to ensure that, remove those common gnd wires between RCAs and operate with twisted pairs

This is what it took

I hope it helds... ‘been working ok without the whistle for many hours now.
2 blobs of blue tack did it. Don’t know about that “tube” something must be wrong with it to need that. Also took care of recommendations. Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    570.4 KB · Views: 141
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.