F8

Joined 2008
Paid Member
I get too emotionally attached to things that take me so long to build to let go of them.

Taking baby steps down the amp building path to big boy amps.

Add that to greedy boy toy store grabbing every time Pa or Zen comes up with a new idea and it's like sitting in a diner at 3 AM after a hard night of partying and trying to figure out what to order from a 15 page menu...everything looks good and your just not thinking clearly.

I've got too many things hoarded and no idea what to build next...including two different takes on the J2 circuit...and now there's an even betterer version?

Sheesh.

Maybe it will prove to be "Ultimate J2" and regular J2 soon revealed? Me greedy. As rare as Semisouths are for us, Nelson's stash is sufficient to support more than one amp I guess...but I can wish. I have two quads of Semisouth,, one has been waiting for years for J2 release, I guess I know what I am saving other quad for, if quad is enough!

Russellc

Ahh haha I was thinking the same thing...will Papa be releasing the official J2 schematic to us here soon? :D

But I guess I'd have to sell my left kidney for some SemiSouth JFETs to get all the components for a J2 :eek:

Joined 2004
Paid Member
I get too emotionally attached to things that take me so long to build to let go of them.

Taking baby steps down the amp building path to big boy amps.

Add that to greedy boy toy store grabbing every time Pa or Zen comes up with a new idea and it's like sitting in a diner at 3 AM after a hard night of partying and trying to figure out what to order from a 15 page menu...everything looks good and your just not thinking clearly.

I've got too many things hoarded and no idea what to build next...including two different takes on the J2 circuit...and now there's an even betterer version?

Sheesh.

... behaving like a proper Greedy Boy should! :cheers:

it sounds to me like its a j2 without degradation. Could the lower output (20 watts vs 25 watts) be explained by dropping the parallel input stage, ie just one 2sj74?

Would the only feedback in the circuit be the cfa and the constant current sources?

Also there was some break up in the videos audio, but it sounds to me like papa Pass said it wont have any higher distortion above 2nd. And that 2nd order distortion would be negative phase.