Forte Model 1 and Forte Model 3 Adjust Bias

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've read a few posts here about adjusting the Bias and I'm a bit confused on which resistors are the emitter resistors. I've attached a pic of the board. Can someone point out which is the emitter resistors and which posts I should get the meter readings from when adjusting?

See attached image. Ultimately, an arrow to the component would be helpful :)

Also, there is talk about replacing the pot for a 20 turn and this board has one I believe. Can someone send me a link to the correct POT to purchase? I've got a Forte Model 3 and a Forte Model 1 that I'm getting up and running.

thanks for all you do!

Attachments

• forte3board.png
    forte3board.png
    579.2 KB · Views: 183
The right leg of the big transistors are the emitters and connected to each emitter is a big gray resistor, that's the emitter resistor. Put one DMM lead on one end and the other lead on the other end. Use mini-grabbers or clips if you have them. The left leg is the base and the middle leg is the collector.

Craig

This was very helpful. The Forte Model 1 is running now around 48 degrees Celsius. Sounds FANTASTIC!

Please note, the emitter resistors varied in millamps around 68mV to 75mV when at 48 Celsius. Is that a concern that there is a wide range?

If so, what should I be looking at to see if there is another component I should determine if it is failing. Or is that just the +/- of the component tolerances?

thanks!

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.