Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Headphones extender cable?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th May 2020, 11:03 AM   #11
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
Official Court Jester
diyAudio Member

good to know that even Danes are having stupidity ceiling

how rotten, naming audiophool products with these names

imagine Drakkar from Yore, not sailing abroad, if ropes weren't made of Preputium
Old 17th May 2020, 11:10 AM   #12
MEPER is offline MEPER  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Yes, I was chocked when I realized the price of a Valhalla power cord and also that they sell a "machine" that "pre-play" cables…...and without any scientific explanation of what the "machine" does to the cable.

I am sure I will be happy with the Grado cable! :-)
Old 17th May 2020, 11:11 AM   #13
enregistree is offline enregistree  Europe
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEPER View Post
Thank you!
I just ordered this Grado ext. cable:
Grado Prestige Extension Cable, forlængerkabel til hovedtelefoner

So no DIY this time......this cable should be good enough after I have read all the comments.
MY pleasure. It's the same wires that they use for headphones. Grado is twisted pair copper, unshielded. Some cables are multiple pair or starquad (my SR80 had starquad I think, before I replaced it).
Old 17th May 2020, 11:16 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

I like twisted pairs. Good to know that they don't twist L and R signal wires together.
Old 17th May 2020, 12:21 PM   #15
Just Dave is offline Just Dave  United States
diyAudio Member

I'm a little late to the party, but thought this might be useful for the future or for someone else. I made a headphone extension cable a long time ago. 12 feet (~3.5 meters), sort of heavy-duty so I can step on in or roll a chair wheel over it accidentally. It does have a braided shield, but I don't use it - it's just for physical robustness. Three conductors: Red, white, black. Metal connectors (Switchcraft). I made it for my AKG K240 headphones, which have a straight (not coiled) cord, so I've got about 20 feet for moving around. 1/4" connectors, not the little 3mm ones. TRS - Tip, ring, sleeve. Tip is left channel, ring is right, sleeve is common.

And, no, you won't get better sound by spending more money. Although, you might get a more robust cable, and there's something to be said for that.
Old 22nd May 2020, 07:44 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

I got my Grado extender cable and it works very well. Then I also tested my camera at ISO 6400. In the background is Starving Student II and the two M2X mono blocks which was switched off for this test. For the AudioQuest headphones the CCS configuration of SS II is the best match as these AQ headphones are already a bit on the "warm side".

Whammy is also a very nice amp for these headphones. I will try this amp again later as I now can sit relaxed and listen to music!

It is good for the late hours…….but still I prefer the large speakers with M2X powered on....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0157_00001.jpg (193.7 KB, 37 views)
Old 22nd May 2020, 10:09 AM   #17
ItsAllInMyHead is offline ItsAllInMyHead  United States
diyAudio Member

Headphones extender cable?Hide this!Advertise here!