Heatsinks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm using two of these reclaimed LED light fittings.

I've got two spares but they are incredibly heavy.

Attachments

• 20200316_135510.jpg
    20200316_135510.jpg
    807.9 KB · Views: 585
krath, this is what I get when I try the number:

The number you have called is currently switched off or unavailable ...

I searched the DIY section of the SNA forum and I found a post dated 5 May 2020 with a comment reflecting the same experience to both phone and email. Seems like they've gone off the grid.

The suggestion from SNA was to make contact with Hugh at Aspen Amplifiers who frequents this forum as AKSA. Apparently Aspen amps typically source their heat sinks from Conrad and given that they're based in the same town, what with the world being a small place, you'll probably be able to get a lead on what's happening.

All the best. If you gather intel, please do a share. I had them in mind for a flanged heatsink that's part of project that I've got in mind.

Cheers :cheers:

For info funsters, had a good old chat with Julian at Conrad today and be assured, they're still in business.

As is often the case, the reason for the "radio silence" is a bit complicated. Some of the factors include ISP/telecoms fails and the ubiquitous Covid stuff (no surprise there).

I talked over what they could do with the twin flange heat sink. My idea being whether they could either cast a single flange for the 151.5 mm high unit or mill down the second flange. Turns out that what they do to make the 75 mm, single flange unit is simply cut the double unit down the middle. So, the simplest plan to satisfy my retirements, would be to take the double unit and mill down the second flange. Just send in a request for quotation and set out what you're after.

The point to bear in mind is that they wouldn't mill right down to the base of the heat sink. There would be a ridge of metal remaining. Just a thought if it suits.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.