Dumpster Diving

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Those are pretty awesome heat sinks. If I had a set of those, I'd probably build a variation of the BA2015 50W Schade / Singing Bush amp. Single 60V power rail, 3.2 Amps Iq or thereabout. Could be a lot of fun.
Actually, I'm gathering parts for a Singing Bush as we converse. I already have a set of big hockey puck Mosfets & SITs. Now I need ZM to come through with the PCBs. ;)

Perhaps I should seek treatment.

Certified

Friends years ago gave me a "professional dumpster diver" certificate. Lots of opportunities on a round the world sailing trip. The best area for dumpster diving for electronics in my experience was Europe. Was because of recycling, and now those dumpsters are generally locked up. Ah, the memories. I remember a particular event. One was a bank revamping it's entire data center. Over the weekend the dumpster was left on the street. Now this was a real gold mine. The dumpster was huge as you had to climb a ladder to just see what was in it(full). Eureka, the mother load. I have some scares to prove crawling through piles of circuit board is possible hazardous! With experience you get more selective in what goes home.

I have built an ACA case out of 3 sets of heatsinks, equiped with foil resistors, and film foil caps recovered from dumpsters.

Attachments

• 20180417_202717_compress65.jpg
    20180417_202717_compress65.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Friends years ago gave me a "professional dumpster diver" certificate. Lots of opportunities on a round the world sailing trip. The best area for dumpster diving for electronics in my experience was Europe. Was because of recycling, and now those dumpsters are generally locked up. Ah, the memories. I remember a particular event. One was a bank revamping it's entire data center. Over the weekend the dumpster was left on the street. Now this was a real gold mine. The dumpster was huge as you had to climb a ladder to just see what was in it(full). Eureka, the mother load. I have some scares to prove crawling through piles of circuit board is possible hazardous! With experience you get more selective in what goes home.

I have built an ACA case out of 3 sets of heatsinks, equiped with foil resistors, and film foil caps recovered from dumpsters.

Hmm, quite a task to recycle those. Mine were a bit easier to re-use.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.