The Singing Bush

Ok, good info. 🙂

I personally do Not need more power to my stereo speakers than my twin ACAs in parallel mode can deliver. As an example.

This is more about my curiosity of it all, the sense of going for a real audio adventure. 130v. Can i learn it, can i build it? An how would it actually sound? 🎷🙂🎸

Well, seems i have to really think this one over, again… :xmasman:

🙂🤚Hey, what you think about this, my latest far more chicken plan than that of the the above:

2x Toroidy 1000VA 60V AC
2x Toroidy 20VA 15V AC

…As twin separate PSU platforms for the 2x mono Lazy Singing Bush and the 2x mono Singing Bush amps. (Both versions not planned to be driven at the same time.)

That would ballpark 60V AC x1,3= 78V DC as i understand it.

Would that be doable without very radical changes in my Singing Bush, and Lazy Singing Bush kits?

Reactions: 1 user
IMG_5486.jpeg

Merry Christmas to you all 🙂🤚

And thats ”God Jul!” in Swedish ❄️🎅🏻❄️

Reactions: 1 users
What? Avoid Exessive Inrush current? 🙂

My plan is to test to soft start them donuts with the CL60s that i already have on hand. Just over 100 000 uF per PSU. I figured it could ballpark work?

Got a slightly delayed MoFi present from Music Santa today! 🎺🙂🎸

IMG_5540.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Lefty. True. Yea, well. Thats life. And thats an awesome Knopfler guitar collection. 🙂👍

And the juicy sound of the Bass Guitar is kinda more of my personal thing. But:

Mr. Knopfler is the absolute true cool king of the universe, when it comes to effortlessly playing them guitars. In my opinion. 🎸🤚🙂🎺

You know, the guitar genius Jimi Hendrix was a Lefty too... Hehe🙂👍

My singing half-bushes (demi-singing bushes? Half-singing full bushes?) have finally come to life! I started this project a couple of years ago, before the diyaudio store carried mono block enclosures, but got sidetracked many times... CLC PSU, motor run caps as needed, and active cooling on the 2sk182ES with a silent CPU fan + heatsink. Biased to 37V 2A3. Enclosures are cheap ones from Alibaba.

They sound incredible with jazz and female vocalists in my 4R speakers (85dB sensitivity). Mark Knopfler and his brother rock. Orchestral / symphonic is a bit muddy - good thing I don't listen to much of it. Would a higher bias point reduce some of the distortions? The heatsinks get to about 42C.

Thank you Zen Mod and Mr Pass for an amazing project!

20231227_220823.jpg

20231226_100248.jpg
20231224_170740.jpg
20231223_102012.jpg
20231223_101943.jpg

Reactions: 2 users