Schade musings

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Most of the musings have been about using our big power devices but what about our low power applications like preamps. Case in point I wonder if our old friend the Bride of Zen might be reworked to use Schade feedback. looking at the original could we just remove the bias network and use a voltage divider from the drain resistor to ground for our bias and schade feedback ? I do have a feeling we would need to keep the need to keep the schade feedback resistor small enough to drive the IRF610 gate capacitance at higher frequencies. Here is the original schematic for refference.

Attachments

• image001 (1).gif
    image001 (1).gif
    37.1 KB · Views: 158
Most of the musings have been about using our big power devices but what about our low power applications like preamps. Case in point I wonder if our old friend the Bride of Zen might be reworked to use Schade feedback. looking at the original could we just remove the bias network and use a voltage divider from the drain resistor to ground for our bias and schade feedback ? I do have a feeling we would need to keep the need to keep the schade feedback resistor small enough to drive the IRF610 gate capacitance at higher frequencies. Here is the original schematic for refference.

Good idea. This morning I tried to Schade a 2SK170 and it does give nice curve trace picture. I extracted transconductance . It appears the Schaded JFET was no more linear than the naked JFET.

I think that curve tracing some of these devices in Schade configuration will be helpful.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.