1632 + transistor output

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am just wondering

Will it be a good idea to use opa 1632 for say a preamplifier, Which have susy. And output them to a discrete transistor for better drive? 1632 have internal servo..
Or just build something like a balanced bba3 or aleph p will be better?

What are the advantages quality wise.musicality .thd, harmonics etc.. Please shed some lights.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
as far I remember , that chip likes lower values for Rin ?

worth checking datasheet

besides that , good sounding one , I did use it as final stage , after xformer I\V DA conversion , where Rin(s) were also acting as adequate load on xformer secondary , resulting in proper linearity

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I mean - that chip is capable of being preamp itself , only care is range of preferred Rin values , so it'll need buffer in front , as Juma made it in his application for Circlotron

read datasheets and related papers, think about possible parts you have for input buffers (JFets?) , do not underestimate need for decent power supply ...... and when you done with preliminary thinking about approach and concept , write back here

IMG-20191206-WA0035.jpg

How bout putting this in front?

It's on!

IMG-20200118-WA0053.jpeg

It's very good. Running it single ended.

Should make a version of whammy with it.. My friend will draw something later maybe jfet input. 1632 then 2sk213

Susy is not plain.... She is hawt like papa

And thank you theslowdiyer. Com for the Gerber file

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.