Adaptor PCB 2SK2145GR as 2SK170BL Substitute

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There have been endless discussions about 2SK170BL replacement.
I have already published data indicating that 2x209GR in parallel would be a good replacement in all respects.
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pas...source-follower-applications.html#post5582425

Of course you can also use a single 2SK2145GR, which is in principle 2x 2SK209GR.
They are not guarantee to be a match pair, and from experience some 10% are poorly matched.
So the best is to measure the Idss of each JFET and select only the good ones.
But for those who just want to save money and don't care about performance,
no one will stop you from using the 2SK2145GR without any selection.

Here are the Gerber files of a small 5x5mm conversion PCB.
Both size and pin assignment correspond to the 2SK170BL.
Plenty avaiable at Mouser, etc.
What more do you want ....

:)

Cheers,
Patrick

Attachments

• K2145_K170_Adp.png
    K2145_K170_Adp.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 688
  • K2145_K170_V1.zip
    6.2 KB · Views: 117
1) You can ask the PCB shop to panelise for you.
2) I'll let you find out how much MORE they charge you for having multiple PCBs in one panel.
3) You can submit a 5mm x 5mm PCB and ask for 30 or 50 pcs and see how much they cost compared to 10.
4) You can also compare the PCB plus postage to US inland post.

I post the Gerbers for your own DIY use.
I don't think anyone will need 2000~4000 a time.

Cheers,
Patrick

1) You can ask the PCB shop to panelise for you.
2) I'll let you find out how much MORE they charge you for having multiple PCBs in one panel.
3) You can submit a 5mm x 5mm PCB and ask for 30 or 50 pcs and see how much they cost compared to 10.
4) You can also compare the PCB plus postage to US inland post.

I post the Gerbers for your own DIY use.
I don't think anyone will need 2000~4000 a time.

Cheers,
Patrick

I was offering to manage a group buy. I have very limited PCB design experience. That said, I looked at tools for panelization and there may be something open source that could do it.

My thoughts about your little PCB began when I first read Zen Mod's usage of the 2SK2145. I looked into adapter PCBs but did not find anything I liked.

Way back then, I purchased two different clamshell fixtures for SOT pars. So, I have the capability to perform curve tracing and matching of the 2SK2145 parts.

As to usage, I think lifting a couple of legs of the 2SK2145BL and using them as a single would be helpful for some DIY projects. Also paralleling the halves of the GR part would be useful.

Thanks again for sharing your designs. I have more than one of your designs in the pipeline for a build (J2 clone, ACP+ bipolar). Waiting on semis for both.

cheers

Many "low-cost" PCB shops will refuse to do 20x20 panels.
This is not prototyping quantities.
You have been warned.

Patrick

Understood and thank you.

I read through the fine print at JLCPCB. They state that if your 100mm x 100mm board is an array of identical PCBs, they will not charge extra.

We shall see. At the moment, I am trying out a panelizer program and have not had any success as of yet.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.