Amp Camp Pre+Headphone Amp - ACP+

I tested the ACP+ as a speaker amp on my Jericho Horns (Fostex 208 Sigma). The sound was very nice in general, but bass was quite soft ... :p

Regards, Claas
Yeah, most of the power goes into the bass, so 1/2 watt is kinda light.
What ZM said... Buffer after supports the bass much better. That's what I'm doing these days for light music setup.

ACP -> MoFo -> MarkAudio CHN70 (70mm dia fullranger)

Joined 2011
Paid Member
I've told ya all numerous times - go and build M2

if you need more amps, just build more M2s

:devilr:

Be sure to investigate Prasi's freely downloadable Gerbers for an M2 clone. It uses a two sided surface mount PCB and is incredibly small. It also incorporates a new part on the PCB which was not included in the original First Watt M2: a magnetic shield (metal box) soldered to the PCB, completely enclosing the Edcor transformer. Here is the box

948752d1620152418-nelson-pass-m2-m2-front-jpg

To purchase the box: LINK

And here is the Forum thread which includes the freely downloadable Gerber files (in post #36)

Nelson Pass M2

I never made the change, I kept it for 32 ohms and use the HD600 and love it. I have yet to do an A/B with the Whammy, but on absolute terms, it works well also without the mods, although it may have more distortion.

Rafa.

Rafa,

I setup the ACP+ for 300 ohms and like I said its really a stellar match for me. That said my Final Audio D8000 Pros are 60 ohms and they work wonderfully with the setup as well..actually better than some amps that are designed to work with a wider range of impedances...

This little amp is indeed very special.

Alex