Amp Camp Pre+Headphone Amp - ACP+

Beautiful Music!

Totally enjoying this preamp/headphone amp. Plenty of drive and headroom with HD 650 and LCD-2. Just connected it to my F6 and being bathed in wonderful warm sounds!

Thanks Nelson and diyAudio Store for making this possible.

Attachments

• IMG_3553small.jpg
    IMG_3553small.jpg
    355 KB · Views: 964
  • IMG_3550small.jpg
    IMG_3550small.jpg
    352.3 KB · Views: 943
Just wanted to confirm which DC power connector and which power supply to snag for this build. I know pfarrell snagged wrong part and hard to hardwire (similar to what what Nelson referenced in the First Watt writeup). Does the board need to use positive center or negative center? Thanks!

Maybe a silly question, but the DIYAudio Store has a PCB and a "naked" PCB which looks like a blank PCB from the images. It only refers to "A ground plane is also available for purchase so that you can build it naked just like they did at BAF (if you're into that kind of thing)." Since I wasn't at BAF I have no idea to what this is referring to.

Can someone please clarify ?

ALPS volume pot

The ACP+ is my second project from DIY Audio after building the Starving Student HPA, which had the convenience of having all parts available for purchase. So, my apologies for this newbie question.

I am trying to find the ALPS 519G volume pot as specified in the BOM, but have a hard time finding it. I found PE Express has some that seem suitable, but there is no reference to 519G.

Joined 2019
Paid Member
Finished up my ACP+. Sounds fantastic! Especially like the combo with my 32R Grado’s :D I used pin sockets for Rccs (R4) so I could measure and dial in according to my specific J74 and J113 combo. I also used pin sockets for the output and follower Rdegens (R12 and R13) so I could play around with distortion spectra, though I’ll say it sounds perfect as-is.

Really enjoyed this one! And building case-less allowed me to indulge my ocd for a clean and tidy build. Thanks Nelson and co!

Attachments

• D16E025D-86B2-45A7-8A95-97E70B4A216A.jpeg
    D16E025D-86B2-45A7-8A95-97E70B4A216A.jpeg
    387.7 KB · Views: 771
  • 7AA2C452-EFA7-4F65-818C-4FBF30991193.jpeg
    7AA2C452-EFA7-4F65-818C-4FBF30991193.jpeg
    428.2 KB · Views: 765
Joined 2019
Paid Member
Here's a quick distortion measurement, 1K at 1V into 330R. Please note that I don't have much of a 'setup,' just a Focusrite and REW. That said, ACP measures really quiet and the distortion signature does look a lot like the J2. Pretty good, especially considering its sitting in open air and surrounded by gear.

Attachments

• ACP-RTA.jpg
    ACP-RTA.jpg
    568 KB · Views: 728
Here's a quick distortion measurement, 1K at 1V into 330R. Please note that I don't have much of a 'setup,' just a Focusrite and REW. That said, ACP measures really quiet and the distortion signature does look a lot like the J2. Pretty good, especially considering its sitting in open air and surrounded by gear.

What are you using for your DC power supply?

--Tom