Amp Camp Pre+Headphone Amp - ACP+

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Post photos here as well, would love to see it!! :yes:

6L6:

I posted a quick write-up on the Pass pictures thread, but here are those photos.

Regards to all,
Scott

Attachments

• ACP+ (front panel uncovered).jpg
    ACP+ (front panel uncovered).jpg
    578 KB · Views: 1,339
  • ACP+ (rear panel uncovered).jpg
    ACP+ (rear panel uncovered).jpg
    572.8 KB · Views: 1,329
  • ACP+ (overhead).jpg
    ACP+ (overhead).jpg
    519.5 KB · Views: 1,303
  • ACP+ (covered).jpg
    ACP+ (covered).jpg
    464.3 KB · Views: 1,262
Hello Mr. Pass,

like H2 M2x, I´ve designed the ACP+ compatible M2x, so I´m asking for your permission to offer, if builders interested, this board in a future GB.

If interest to low I´ll put all the manufacturing datas online so everybody could order PCB´s and built himself this excellent circuit.

JP

Attachments

• PBA-TOP.jpg
    PBA-TOP.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 944
  • PBA-BOT.jpg
    PBA-BOT.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 394
  • ACPP-M2X_SCH_001.pdf
    55 KB · Views: 274
  • ACPP-M2X_PBA-TOP_001.pdf
    23.9 KB · Views: 112
  • ACPP-M2X_PBA-BOT_001.pdf
    24.8 KB · Views: 101
Joined 2011
Paid Member
... I´ve designed the ACP+ compatible M2x ...

Since ACP+ is designed to drive 32 ohm headphones, while M2x presents an impedance of about 600 ohms which the daughter card must drive, I think you can safely reduce the output capacitor (C112) without affecting the low frequency response of the amplifier as a whole.

Also have you checked and double-checked your schematic for errors? (the one in post #226) ... I can't quite put my finger on it, but somehow, something just doesn't look right. The original by Nelson Pass is HERE.

When I look at the price of Vacuum Tube's , JFETs look inexpensive . I am looking at a matched quad of LSK170 / LSJ74 at the Diystore for $39 . Yes compared to what they cost years ago they are expensive now. Thanks to Linear Systems and the Diy Store , we can build those wonderful Nelson Pass designs. It's a great time to be a DIYer.:)