Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Inductor Loaded De-Lite
Inductor Loaded De-Lite
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th August 2019, 12:56 AM   #21
Jenghis is offline Jenghis
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrk971 View Post
This is all very similar to a MOFO. I have made a Mother of All MOFOs (MOAMOFO) with an IXYS running 4.3A and 37v. A CPU cooler with Noctua fan removes the circa 160w just fine.
That looks pretty cool, but its still running as a common drain amplifier, right? My tube preamp doesn't have enough gain to drive a MoFo to anything past about 1.5w . That's why I'm kinda trying to make a common source MoFo that has at least some voltage gain (and no feedback I suppose in this case).

Also, are you using microwave oven transformers for the chokes? How much inductance do they have?
Old 29th August 2019, 04:19 AM   #22
xrk971 is offline xrk971  United States
Got Foam?
diyAudio Member

Inductor Loaded De-Lite
You need a high swinging preamp capable of 40Vpp with low distortion. Look no further than Aksa Lender or Yarra/Melbourne.

AKSA's Lender Preamp with 40Vpp Ouput GB

The YARRA Preamplifier/HPA for Melbourne DB Group Buy

And Btw, the amp sounds fantastic with the 10F/RS225 FAST speakers (which I think you know how they sound).

But then why don't you just make the ABBB - a 52w SE Class A amp with hybrid Aleph active CCS? The ABBB is a complete package with state of the art PSU with active bridge/CRC/Cap Mx and SSR DC protection all built in. Just connect a 400w 32v trafo per channel and speakers.

The Alpha Big Boy with Buttah (ABBB) 52w Class A Amp GB

Last edited by xrk971; 29th August 2019 at 04:26 AM.
Old 11th September 2019, 04:28 AM   #23
Jenghis is offline Jenghis
diyAudio Member

Default I'm Back!

Ok, I finally got around to making a proper schematic of what I want to build. It's really just a combination of the De-Luxe De-Lite circuit with the L'Amp 193V power supply.

Click the image to open in full size.

I remember reading that inductor loaded amps are trickier to bias than those with an active or resistor load. Can anyone shed some light on this? Would it require a scope to measure the output and its distortion?

Might be a neat thing to build, make a couple monoblocks on some nice pieces of wood. I just want to make sure that the circuit isn't so bad that I can't fix it if it doesn't work. I do want to try something riskier than my ACA though
Old 11th September 2019, 09:10 AM   #24
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
Official Court Jester
diyAudio Member

Inductor Loaded De-Lite
just go for it - nothing really tricky

Inductor Loaded De-LiteHide this!Advertise here!