F5 V3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After soldering the output boards and then, doing further research, I have saw posts that keep the 3 watt resistors off the board.
Unfortunately, I did not do that.
Parts of the resistors touch the board.
Will I be ok running it like this or would it better to order new resistors and doing some desoldering.

Should clarify R7 and R8 on the F5 boards, I am going to run them the way they are, might not be optimal, oh well.
Anyway, I have a question on the LEDS.
I ordered some blue LEDS for both F5 boards and the PSU, Cree rated at 3.2 v.
C503B-BCN-CV0Z0461-ND
Will the 10k resistor in the BOM work with these?
Is the rail voltage the same at the PSU and the F5 boards where the LEDS are mounted?

Thanks, Greg

Going through my notes it looks like I failed to note the line capacitor (the blue one) specs.
I know I saw it called out in a thread I read and just spent almost an hour looking for it again and can not find it.
That guy and the CL 60s are the only components I have left to order other than the chassis.
Can someone throw me a bone?

Thanks, Greg

Lovely, thanks Jim.
Things progress, I recieved the transformer but I am a bit puzzled.
The 4 secondaries are 2 blue and 2 red. I tested between blue and blue as suggested by the sticker on the transformer , I found the proper voltage 18v ; but I found a similar reading between red and blue !!
I will go as per the sticker, blue for one channel, red for the other but I wonder why I get a reading between red and blue.

F5 BUILD

Got all of my boards soldered together to the point of needing a chassis anyway.
Had a surprise when loading the caps on the PSU board, one of the LEDs lit up and burned for around 30 seconds or so, hope that is a good Oman.
All I need to do now is money up for a chassis.
Thanks to all who have helped me to this point

Attachments

• PSU SURPRISE.jpg
    PSU SURPRISE.jpg
    461.7 KB · Views: 483
  • IMG_20190917_193316620.jpg
    IMG_20190917_193316620.jpg
    946.5 KB · Views: 479
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.