F5 V3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Had a little free time today so I managed to get most of the Dale resistors mounted.
I would like to thank 6L6 for his pictorial guide, that was a big help, hats off to you sir.
Had to use my readers and a magnifying glass to read the values.
Verify, verify, verify, install.
So I can officially say I have started anyway.
I can not wait to hear this amp, already have a whole bunch of albums lined up.
Thanks to all of you guys who have given me guidance

Managed to get the two channel boards almost finished, save the thermal resistors ,the LED and its resistor.
So now onto the PSU, I have both Nichicon and Vishay 22000UF caps.
493-8646-ND Nichicon rated at 5000 hrs or 4645PHBK-ND Vishay rated at 2000 hrs.
Just wondering from anyone who has ventured down this path before me.

Thanks, Greg

Attachments

• OUTPUT BOARDS.jpg
    OUTPUT BOARDS.jpg
    964.2 KB · Views: 535
Just to be clear, I meant the 2 single channel boards.
Ran out of solder doing the jumpers on the PSU and the only solder I can get locally is plumbing solder, so I had to order some online.
Anyway, the capacitor question is based on my total lack of knowledge and confusion as far as ripple current ratings on the data sheets.
My question is, if you had both in your hand, what would you do?

I was going through things I need to order.
The chassis kit on the store page lists 20 standoffs in the kit, 16 for the two amplifier boards, 4 extra.
I would like to source at least 4 more for the PSU, just wondering if anyone knows the actual height of the standoffs so I can order a few more.

Thanks, Greg

I am planning on stuffing my PSU board tomorrow.
I was organizing my parts and when I came across the small caps for R17 and R18 and the input snubbers, I thought "you better look at them for polarity" so I dont insert them wrong.
Went on Digikey and could not find anything on the data sheets.
Am I missing something?

Wait, what?
All of those are not needed?
And you are running them without input snubbers and resistors also?
Not second guessing you, just asking so I get this right the first time.
I know you have a lot more experience, I have looked at all of your builds for information to help me along and appreciate your help

Thanks, Greg

Thanks Dennis, I have that schematic.
I guess I took the BOM on the DIY website as a latest and greatest kind of thing.
I am beginning to understand now it has options for "boys with better toys" than I have.
Would prefer to build it close to the original design anyway, and if you couldn't tell this is my first venture at building a class A.
Have built a boatload of speakers over the years.
Also built to date, 27 turntables, 25 of which are being used somewhere.
Never had anybody want to send one back.
Those things are only supposed to be built with alien intervention and a little fairy dust sprinkled in, well if you believe the hype anyway.
So that is what brought me here.
My turntable, speakers and what I am sure is a great amp all built by my hands.
When I hear those things playing together, I can take something off my bucket list.
Sorry if my questions may seem naive, this is a little new for my.

Thanks, Greg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.