Is this a Nelson Pass Amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all hope you can help. I've had these two cirquit boards lying around since the early nineties. They're supposedly for a 40W Class A Threshold Amp by Mr. Pass. Can anyone confirm this? if so, is there some building instructions and component list to get hold off? If so I would love to get started on this killer project. Any help much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20190714_123401.jpg
    IMG_20190714_123401.jpg
    983.7 KB · Views: 902
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Looks like an A40, those boards look a bit dodgy though. I just finished the A40, its superb! Its the first amp I've built, after being here for so long, that received an actual built case, no top though. These boards work great: OSH Park ~. Also, everything you've ever wanted to know and then some: FIRST WATT

Attachments

• IMG_2296.JPG
    IMG_2296.JPG
    306.8 KB · Views: 502
  • IMG_2297.JPG
    IMG_2297.JPG
    305.4 KB · Views: 486
Last edited:
Good to see MEGA-amp, can we buy actual new boards from the supplier OSH Park you have linked, or do they only do new boards from people who send Gerbers.? I assume they are in China - any further details, and I assume you have used 2 of these actual pcb's in your build.

Regards,

Gary..

Joined 2003
Paid Member
alexcp provides the gerbers in the thread link below, he also provided those same gerbers to OSH Park, the same gerbers are also avail for download on the oshpark project page. There's a min order of three boards (45USD) from them, their US based/manufactured. Its kinda like a group buy, you have to wait for other people to purchase other types of boards, once they hit some number, they send it to fab. Took an additional week before my boards were sent out. The boards are pretty thin, but once populated and bolted down, they're fairly rigid, but most importantly they're functional.

FS: one pair of Nelson Pass A40 PCBs

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
> Are you forced to share your board design with OSH Park?

AFAIK: no. You "can" share, and their original vision was shared projects, but they do not share without permission.

If you truly have a Secret Project, obviously you don't let others do your work. However the likelihood of any audio project being "stolen" is nearly zero. Nobody has time to comb through the vast assorted krap which gets sent in, much less discern the purpose without a Parts List, or to understand why vdi's board is superior to all others.

Joined 2000
Paid Member
Ok, good to know. My concern is uploading an amp board like the AB100 and making it openly available. (If anything the board should be available the diyaudio store.) I wouldn't want to break some sharing etiquette when someone is being generous and making their IP available.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.