F5 Article Headphone Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Vince was kind enough to lend me this amp and I used it as a headphone amp for a while, as I'm more into headphones than he is. It sounded engaging with all three sets of phones (Grado RS-1, AKG Q-702, HiFiMan HE-500), and didn't give much away to my Mosfet Max hybrid tube headphone amp. Haven't tried it with speakers yet. Definitely recommended for headphones though.

Joined 2008
Paid Member
I tried this with speakers today - Revel F32's. Probably not the best match since they're not super efficient. For as modest as it is, the amp acquitted itself reasonably well, and it's not unpleasant to listen to as long as you don't need it to be very loud. It doesn't compare very well to the VTL ST-85 I usually use in this setup but that's not a very fair comparison. For background music, if anyone here indulges in such a thing, it might be just the ticket.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.