A ton of.....?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2002
Paid Member
VFETDone1_zpseja6va7t.jpeg

VFETDone2_zpsya1w8fz3.jpeg

We are some that are stuck with DiyAudio Store Deluxe chassis. They have their limitations when building heavy PSUs.
Did you put some nice feet on?
Yes, the stock feet that come with the store 4U Deluxe chassis are pretty useless. The 'upgrade' feet aren't much better. I use heavy duty rubber feet that are meant for large bass guitar amplifiers or cabinets. The get the chassis further off the floor or shelf and help absorb some vibration. You can find these at professional musical equipment stores.

OK....I also use large rubber feet for the amps and PSUs I just built on thick wooden boards. For the 5U Deluxe chassis I am working on stuffing with components I plan to put furniture wheels under them as chassis gets quite heavy. They will be floor standing and then it will be much easier to move them around. Another benefit is for the air circulation as chassis will be raised 7-8 cm from floor.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.