Amp up FAOW #2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
to confuse you a little more, i will add if you ll buy any of these big Vfets don't waste it for a sissy 5W amplifer . go directly to the Nelson 2SK77B type amplifier (burning amp 2015) it is a killing machine at 1W /5W or as high as your heatsink and power supply can go. .

a freak :D

Haha yes, I have considered the MOSFET version with schade feedback. A very serious amplifier with lots of voltage and current to make lots of heat.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
That’s why the AKSA Lender and Melbourne/Yarra preamps were designed for. No unobtanium and able to drive 25w amps to clipping (40Vpp) if desired.

AKSA's Lender Preamp with 40Vpp Output

The YARRA Preamplifier/HPA for Melbourne DB Group Buy

Funny you mention that, I was just reading about your Aksa Lender Alpha 20w amplifier. I like the fact it uses easily obtainable parts. Might be more practical for me since I may have difficulty sourcing parts for the other amplifiers discussed here (as much as I would love to build them).

Are PCB's available? I'm building a pair of your FAST RS225 speakers right now, so I bet it would be a good match. I don't need a lot of power. My listening space is small, and my listening levels are pretty modest.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.