Using blue Alps as vol control

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nope, been there, done that: I tried an expensive, Swiss made Contrelec WW pot with a law faking resistor: it got scratchy within a few months. Also, there's a load of the cheaper Colvern WW pots in my tube testers, and I'm having problems with the poor contact of the wipers. Back to good old coal. Currently, I'm happy with my Alps Black Beauty, but it's no longer produced.

I raised the question of potentiometers over at the CTC thread a while back, and the concensus seems to be in favor of the TKD, with a not too unreasonable price tag.

Joined 2016
Paid Member

Attachments

• s-l640.jpg
    s-l640.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
I'm happy with my Alps Black Beauty, but it's no longer produced.
I raised the question of potentiometers over at the CTC thread a while back, and the concensus seems to be in favor of the TKD, with a not too unreasonable price tag.

I have looked at TKD at "HiFi Collective". It looks interesting and as far as I remember not a normal pot.....but a kind of shunt type. The Black Alps I have also looked for at ebay and also Noble pots. The Goldpoint I have used in my passive pre-amp with no issues (the are Elma switch based….good stuff). It is quite expensive to get them from US with custom taxes etc.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.