Another F5 Build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You can usually get them from John LaGrue ("punkydawgs" on Ebay). Genuine parts; well matched.

[Edit: he's selling NOS Toshibas, not the Linear Systems replacement parts. Some say the Toshibas sound better.]

Well thanks Jeff but I don't think I want my Left Channel sounding "better" than my right channel ;) - though I'd probably be hard pressed to notice the difference. More than anything I'd just like the amp to be original even though it's DIY.

Not to dissuade you (and I agree that it would be odd to have 1/2 Linear Systems and 1/2 Toshiba), but just to be clear: the Toshibas are the originals; the Linear Systems parts are (licensed) copies.

But surely someone must have some Linear Systems parts not currently in use...

Cheers,
Jeff.

From the master of odd:
nothing odd

just give it to me , if it's JFet

I'm not so picky

:)

I can only imagine good sir that your collection of half filled boards with parts extracted to fill others is a gold mine worthy of Papa himself. Mine on the other is rather modest and this F5 is quite precious to me. Perhaps down the road after I've attempted a few more builds it might not feel quite that way but at the moment I will take my time. Your input, as always, is still very much appreciated!

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
you'll not hear difference between Toshibas and LS - in F5 , as long they're reasonably matched - between channels , so you're getting reasonably close OLG , thus feedback amount

so , just find them wherever you can and enjoy ........... people are regularly having significant difference between channels due to speakers positioning , and it seems few of them are worried

:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.