My Babelfish J Monoblock Project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
good enough

:)

Thanks for your quick reply!

My good friend has Mark Levinson #53 mono amps, #52 pre amp, #39 CD player and Sonus Faber Amati speakers. Very Nice system. He had all Transparent Reference level power distribution and power cables, but mid level interconnects and speaker cables. I went over this week and helped him swap those over to Transparent Reference cables factory tuned for his equipment.

We listened to the same couple of tracks before, during and after to try and hear the difference. Was greater than I would have thought, mostly low frequency and speed.

Then I went home to listen to the same tracks to see the difference in my system. I felt I was missing some of the high frequency detail. His system also sounds more “HiFi” if that makes sense.

Basically this what motivated me to take the time to install these bypass caps.

The difference is not subtle. Especially where I needed it. Cleaned up and made more pronounced cymbals/like sounds. My new speakers also have adjustments to the crossover for the compression driver/horn and dialing in the balance of the Hypex for the 18”. Spend time playing with these adjustments too, made for a fun day with benefits!

Now I need to run back and forth and compare again!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.