Aleph P 1.7 Single Ended Input Question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I did a search and could not find the answer to this question so I apologize if I have missed it. I think the answer to this question is to ground the (-) input but I figured I would ask the experts. Most of my sources are single ended outputs. Can I set the input of the Aleph P 1.7 to single ended operation by grounding the (-) input? Secondly, do the transistors need more heatsinking than the standard TO-220 PCB heatsinks? Thanks for your help gents.

Arrggghhh Matey, only 144 days left till Talk Like a Pirate Day!;)

Hi,

The upper CCS FET sees 62 – 27 = 35V at max. 30mA = 1.05W. Herefor I use a small heat sink, a stick o type for lowest thermal capacity = warm up time.
The middle signal FET lays between 27 and 9V at 20mA, so 0.36W – a cool number w/o any measure.
The lower CCS FET handles 9V to 0V at 20mA, so just forget it.

In my Aleph P1.7 I short with the ELMA input switch the negative input to ground for unsymmetrical inputs. Maybe it is not required additionally, because the input resistor as well pulls the input branch down, but I wanted to pull down with almost zero resistance.

The capability of the P1.7 to do a almost perfect symmetrical conversion is IMHO one of its best things. So the (to my ears) strong advantages of driving the power amps symmetrically can be used for any source. Pre amps w/o CCSs can never perform so good.

Regards

Klaus

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.