What would a Pass Labs lover choose for a car?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello

Just wondering what people would use in a car that has the sound of say the F5 amplifier ? Ive never heard an aleph but I want to build something to use with my SMPS which is 24v +/- obviously the F5 fits the bill but would consume a lot of car battery! perhaps this is or is not the way ? Maybe there is a car amplifier that has the quality near a F5 ? which operates in A/B mode

I did try the ACA amplifier but it was not for me I did not like its sound, I currently have the Hiraga 20W hooked up to this car amplifier SMPS and it sounds nice but Im interested in the F5 as Ive heard the F5 previously and loved the Turbo

Perhaps there is a mini version of the F5 or Aleph which has good reputation and sounds good, I can probably extend from 22v to 28v.
I also know Nelson produced once a car amplifier forgot the name of it now.

Cheers

Last edited:
Puhh adcom.... Once every few years a 4702 pops up in Ebay...
Friend of mine has 3 of them... Took him 5 years to gather them...
If you want one, there is one guy I know which sells a 4304 at the moment...

Perhaps try Linear Audio...
Was developed from (as far as I know) a friend of papa.... Peter Werback was the name I think...
What is somehow similar when it comes to sound quality... Arc Audio... Is the company of Robert Zeff, former boss of Zapco....

Hi Rixta, I found your article today, I am happy to find you! BTW Class A amp in a car is as use Channel #5 in a factory of Toluene glue. Ambient noise is superior to distortion in any way. The other problem, if you live in Aberdeen is no problem, but avoid to live in Spain....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.