Aleph 5 based on BrianGT boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

A long time ago i bought one set of aleph boards from Chipamp. I am now in the process of finishing them.

I have populated the boards as per the "Brians PCB Aleph - parts list" see attachment. I cannot remember where i got the parts list, perhaps from Chipamp.com before it closed..

It is a dual mono config with 2x25vac Toriods.

These are my findings when power voltage is +/-34 vdc from PS:
The output transistors does not heat up, just 2,2mv across R40 and even less on R39.

Q1, 2, 3 does heat up.

Voltage over z5 = 9V
Voltage over R8 = 5,2V
Voltage over R18 =3,3V
Q5 Gate to source =1,6mV
DC on output = 96mV

Any thoughts?
Appreciate all input :)

Attachments

• BOM.JPG
    BOM.JPG
    181.9 KB · Views: 388
The input 9610's (Q1-3) and even the ztx450 (Q4-5) are matched. Both cards shows the same values under test. I have populated the cards as per the BOM posted.
If there is an error i must have made it on both cards.
I have checked the cards and it looks like the parts are installed in the right places

Any sugestions to what to look for?

I just looked up the Vgs for a batch of 9610s I matched for a Group buy. 3.8volts would be pretty typical for. Looks like 23.5ma total current but only 8.4m across r18. 3.8volts is not enough to turn on the output fet. I see a lot of resistors are TBD. Do you have the recommended values in place? If you can’t find any problems you could try a 1k pot in place of R18. Start with it at 0 ohms and adjust it for the correct bias current.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.