Babelfish M25, SissySIT - general building tips and tricks

Hi gents.

I'm simulating the boxing of my SissySIT, and need some advice.
My trannies are big boys, and fill almost all the width of my 4u 400 case.
How would you guys place the parts?
In the picture, the two white points beside the trannies show where I want to mount the Tokin. But doing so will put theit big legs at a few mm from the transformers.

Is it acceptable? Both for heat and noise?

Thanks!

200328072822712441.jpg

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
acceptable

though , can you put big boyz stacked vertically ?

it's easy to drill one black core all the way, and use longer bolt

something as I did here , and even simpler - you don't have pots to care about isolation etc. : post #52 , Most Greedy Boy, of them all... or (there is no) DEFiSIT of Papa's Koans

that way , you'll have space for bridges at left and right of Donuts

646041d1510794656-greedy-boy-defisit-papas-koans-stacked-donuts-jpg

Thanks!
I'll explore the stacking option.
ZM, I don't need to route the mains below the perforated baseplate.
I have FW like PSU boards, with a path for mains live and neutral, along with CL60. Looks pretty straightforward to provide mains to the transformers without any hassle.

My trannies are big boys, and fill almost all the width of my 4u 400 case.
How would you guys place the parts?
I've mounted them vertically in my Alpha build, it's also a 4U 400 case.
The most delicate part was drilling/tapping 8mm in the 10mm front panel for the transformer bolt without getting peeping holes.
Next time I will mount an L-bracket for the transformers on the bottom plate, this will give me less stress :)

Joined 2012
Paid Member
Fellow builders, please point me toward a suitable PS board/boards for SissySIT. I want to finish my build and like to order the last parts I need. I already have the case, transformers, boards populated and SITs.
Is this usable? Ebay item #323452303840 Other suggestions welcome.

It appears to be the same as the ones that I used. They were purchased from an ebay merchant.

Attachments

• IMG_6901.JPG
    IMG_6901.JPG
    622 KB · Views: 494
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
they all can be measured on-board

what's important!!!!!!! is, practically, "just" two of them - lower trimpot ( R6, that one leaning to negative rail) in JFet buffer - need to be maxed , and output Iq setting trimpot (P1) which need to be minimized

other two trimpots are not critical regarding starting value, if you follow proper setting procedure ( removed jumper between input buffer and xformer, no load on output)

if you're having trouble deciphering how to check them in situ from top of pcb, either look back in the thread ( covered with sketches) or buzz , and I'll dig them again and post here