Babelfish M25, SissySIT - general building tips and tricks

As often happens in the audio world, positive or negative statements about a device or its parts are received with a little suspicion.
In fact, I believe that from now on I will avoid reporting on my experiences in the field.
Perhaps I should limit myself to making technical considerations and report measures ..... unfortunately this aspect
does not say anything about the real value of a device and frankly it seems to me excessively monotonous and unilateral to speak only of this.

Joined 2016
Paid Member
I also hear way more detail with my SissySIT (Cinemag CMOQ-4 HPC) vs. my M2 (Edcor). But since these are two different amps, and I haven't tried an Edcor in the SissySIT, I can't really say how much of the difference is due to the different transformers ...
As for other aspects of the sound, I'm still trying to wrap my ears around what I'm hearing ... :D

Best regards,
Claas

@ZM and
@Dudeism
Thanks...
your words encourage me. I reported because I always think that other users need to find their way .... and, even if we can't get to know each other, we need to express the opinions and experiences among friends and I feel like friends ... until proven otherwise. I look for as far as possible to be objective in the judgments: I have a small lineup of tracks, always the same, which I use to make comparisons .....

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
besides you being grumpy (which is your legitimate right) , I can't see why you got impression that your words gone with the wind

from some reason, majority of Greedy Boyz are slow with Sissy ....( but I'm not having any doubt in their (future) satisfaction ) and that is probably main reason why they are silent .....

:clown:

Sontero, your input is very much appreciated, why only talk about the tech when the sound is the goal? Sure, we like building and schematics, but the things we build have a purpose.

Still no word on my Cinemags, but the 'Talians were very speedy sending me the Modushop case which I got within a few days from ordering.

greedy.jpg

Last edited:
guys ..... I am the prey of the pleasure that the Sissy evokes me and with the entry of the Cinemag I have realized again that to make the difference certain kitchen ingredients must be used ..... I have not heard no reaction to my passion ..... and since I am "grumpy" as ZM says (he is not wrong) I am taken by sorrow: maybe I said nonsense ... I exaggerated. But on the other hand I know that I have not exaggerated at all, I have an experience that allows me to say that Sissy is an extraordinary amp ...... and I don't understand why nobody has focused it yet ..... I wonder: where are all the guys who built it ... they sleep ... they think it's an amp like so many others ... NO .... IT'S NOT

Joined 2016
Paid Member
I'm with you totally, sontero !

Listening to my SissySIT right now, and with a big grin on my face ! :D
But I can't put the experience into words yet, also still trying to figure out which speaker polarity I like best, and which tubes in my Aikido pre ...

As to the Cinemags, I had to wait almost three months for mine ... :rolleyes:

Best regards,
Claas

As often happens in the audio world, positive or negative statements about a device or its parts are received with a little suspicion.
In fact, I believe that from now on I will avoid reporting on my experiences in the field.
Perhaps I should limit myself to making technical considerations and report measures ..... unfortunately this aspect
does not say anything about the real value of a device and frankly it seems to me excessively monotonous and unilateral to speak only of this.
Keep your feedback coming, it's always great to hear what others think. I love reading your posts.