Babelfish M25, SissySIT - general building tips and tricks

Thought I would share a few pictures

My Sissy SIT closed up but not yet finished - needs anodized or painted, not sure yet

The trigger to start the amp

Back panel

Internal rail leds for my peace of mind

and because i had to be around to watch the multimeters while I cooked the amp for many hours today - offset stabilizes after about 45 min

Norwood daughter board for the M2X

Muses volume control for the B1 nutube pre

Candy anyone? :D

..dB

Joined 2003
Paid Member
The custom work of "Bablefish" on your front plate is stunning. Seriously, nice work. Soon to order chassis from DiyStore for mine, and begin countdown for cinemag transformers. I don't remember, did you use high Nickel versions?

Russellc

Last edited:
The custom work of "Bablefish" on your front plate is stunning. Russellc

thanks - took many hours of contemplation and then last night I added the squid to balance the left dominance of the panel ;)

I didn't know that there was a difference when I ordered and have the 50% nickel - decided to use them and see how it sounded ... I have no urge to replace with the HPC

..dB

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

Attachments

• mighty Sissy.jpg
    mighty Sissy.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 273
gremlins indeed - I have looked ( and looked .... ) replaced the VR1 and the opto but not not the current sensing chip = everything seems to work aside from being able to reduce the current - I can increase it mooocho but stopped at 3A because I was just testing to see if it adjusted. I have all the critical resistors on sockets so that I can change out values to get it in operating zone

BUT it works and sounds fantastic even if it runs a little hot

If I was sure that it was a mistake on the board, I would buy another set but I have a sneaky feeling it is the VGS of the SIT ( or FET ). I appreciate your willingness to think about it , I know there is much to do ( always ) especially with those crazy new boxes you scrounged up :D

..dB

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
it can't be Vgs of SITs

if you tried increasing value of R18 and R19 (even if I can't figure reason why )

if you tried decreasing value of R15

if you tried decreasing value of R16 and R17 .............

I hope you didn't mount Rs (which is strictly for Babelfish M25) ( I can't see them on pics , but better to ask)

if you don't have too much protection diodes

if you read a note about ZD1 and obeyed

if you have steady 5V feeding Halls .......

then I'm in need of new (spare) towel , to preserve my calm