Babelfish M25, SissySIT - general building tips and tricks

Hello Claas

I have used smaller Molex before with good success in headphone amplifiers. I wasn't sure how robust these connectors would be so ordered a few options . This is Molex part number Part Number: 26-60-4023 which is KK 156 series. The wire inserts that match this assembly are 08-50-0105 and the female connector is 09-93-0200 ( I also bought 09-50-8020 but I prefer the other ) both would have worked equally well. The pin spacing on the board is perfect for the speaker outputs but the power input is slightly narrow - it fits with a little encouragement and once soldered, i straightened the pins .

I used the spades for my M2X but the spacing of the pins didn't work for the sissy board. I am sure with a little modification it would work but I wanted something that i could reliably plug in and remove while testing and if anything should ever go wrong.

I will try and if after I have tested it and everything is solid and I do not like this solution, I will solder the wires directly to the board

so many options :)
..dB

I am 64 years old ..... for 50 years I am passionate about Music and self-construction. I have built so many amplifiers, preamps, DACs etc. etc ..... MY SissySIT, at the hands of the great ZM who pulled it out of the cylinder is making me enjoy an unprecedented listening. A real wonder. I had guessed the power .... but .... really ... I do not believe my ears .... for me the one of the most 'beautiful that I met.
YOU MUST BUILD IT and do it meticulously, calmly, carefully .... it will repay you.
ZenMod you're serious about the best :worship::worship:

Last edited:
if not in front of Lightspeed , buffer after it is absolute must

for more info , you can look in PSM LS part of my signature

I'm not selling any of it , but Cook Book is still handy
I met these projects when I had already built the Lightspeed for a couple of years ..... and I must say that I found them very interesting to the point of wanting to build one. Are the cards still available?

Hi,
today arrived, some mountain bike parts. :) Step for step .... :-| I think with this "heavy head" and a washer i can put some force to the screws.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

preview

Last edited:
Off to cry my self asleep = my nightmare has become reality

both channels behave the exact same way, on power up there is an immediate surge in current across the 0.1R resistor ( >200mA in seconds) and the channel offset climbs to 13V before I kill power

as they are behaving so symmetrically, I must have made the same mistake in both

- triple checked P1 and P2 , they are 0R ( min resistance ) for P1 and P2 is in the middle.

.... now the not so simple task of finding it

another day :(

..dB