Babelfish M25, SissySIT - general building tips and tricks

btw. did you got your Sissy to bigger speaks/ better source ?

my friend, I´d comment about that immediately, but still struggling with speaker, amp still in studio, and I´m slow :).

But i listened to one single big speaker (with horn crossing at about 1400 Hz), still not optimal crossover (but in process to get rid of dynamic sucking voltage divider to attenuate horn).
2nd Speaker still was cheap paper OB you saw in picture, just to create a little stereo stage.
So i have more trouble with speaker than amp :D, but to comment pros and cons of amp:
I´d say with normal speakers i tend to wish to have a bit more slam, stage seems to be a bit too deep. Too much stage on tones so to say.
With big speaker (fiffy 45Hz 12", 1" treble Horn) i like it more, say i like it very much till now, still not at home (but home isn't necessarily better : ) missing space behind speaker..)
Forgot to say, amp is obiously magic and interesting : )

(i have to weld a bed now, can´t respond :)

best
st

...........The best Dune movie was played out in my head when I read Dune for the first time :...............................
certainly if the art was not already written inside each of us ..... the artists would have no sense....but the artist has the expressive talent and we are grateful for this.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
handy trick 1

as I said in one of edits of post #1 , it's sorta hard to set Babelfish M25 channel , when you mount pair of IRFP240 instead of IRFP240+IRFP9140**

so , make label as this , or use white marker , enabling later checks

saying that , with years , one is taking as granted that brainfart is permanent state , so why not doing things in a way to prevent costly consequences

**funny - nothing goes Dodo ; I needed just to swap IRFP9140 in and do setting procedure

Attachments

• IMG_20181117_171807.jpg
    IMG_20181117_171807.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 635
  • IMG_20181117_171749.jpg
    IMG_20181117_171749.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 642
  • IMG_20181117_171814.jpg
    IMG_20181117_171814.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 633
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
handy trick 2

yup

when setting input buffer Iq and DC offset , prior to closing JP jumper , one need measuring apparatus connected across R8

if you , as me , still didn't grow another pair of ......... hands , use mini clips as shown on pic

that way you'll avoid messy change of R8 , when slipped probe connect wrong end of R8 with GND ; lemme see - difference of 23V , constipated with just 1R , will certainly toast tiny resistor

:clown:

Attachments

• mini clip.jpg
    mini clip.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 610