Babelfish M25, SissySIT - general building tips and tricks

you didn't read this thread from start ?

:)

contact : https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/members/pras1170.html

both THF51S and 2SK182ES are proven parts , if you ask for 2 pcs with Ugs adequate for SissySIT

also watanabetomoaki on fleabay , choice is yours

what's important is that Ugs is no greater than [-3V8] with 24Vdc rail and 2A for Iq

Oh, like 10 times all the way from beginning :D It just seems that young mind can’t remember everything.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
nicer :clown:

several reasons , depending of circumstances - with automated insertion , robots like more resistor form factor than wire form factor

when ZM insertion is in case :rofl: , I like more that I don't need to think about additional insulation ....... besides, less work than stripping isolated wire etc.

also , when 0R or something else is going to be in 1-pin holders (sockets) it's sorta nicer and easier to manipulate with resistor form factor

nicer :clown:

several reasons , depending of circumstances - with automated insertion , robots like more resistor form factor than wire form factor

when ZM insertion is in case :rofl: , I like more that I don't need to think about additional insulation ....... besides, less work than stripping isolated wire etc.

also , when 0R or something else is going to be in 1-pin holders (sockets) it's sorta nicer and easier to manipulate with resistor form factor

Great so since it’s me doing the insertion.. will go for the jumper ;)

Another question : is 1/2w resistor ok for all the 100r in the sissysit? I’m sure it’s ok for r1 but nut sure for the other. Not enough knowledge to compute :rolleyes:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
100R resistors - size (them all!!!), mistakes and mishaps

all resistors in Sissy and Babelfish M25 are regular 0207 size , meaning - your plain old good Metal Film resistor ...... nowadays being more like 600mW , not 250mW as in Yore

yup , I got several bags of 100R ones from my Vendor , sized more like 1W (somewhat bigger than 0207) , but I didn' made a fuss about that , simply because they are not too big - right enough to be put through holes without awkward bending of da legz

however , and this is important:

as I'm informed ( twice !) in last few days , it seems I had some strangers in my 100R bags , so please check all 100R buggers you got from me

blame is on me
(as always , and I'll blame Papa , as always) , that I didn't catch that and packed them and labeled together ...... but primary blame is on my Vendor - I know that they all were in same plastic bag , prior to opening it and pouring in plastic drawer ......

Attachments

• 1K-mixed-with-100R.jpg
    1K-mixed-with-100R.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:
Joined 2019
Paid Member
yup , I got several bags of 100R ones from my Vendor , sized more like 1W (s
as I'm informed ( twice !) in last few days , it seems I had some strangers in my 100R bags , so please check all 100R buggers you got from me

I got one sneaky one...

Not a worry ZM. Thanks for letting us know. Great reminder to measure EVERY resistor before stuffing...

Is it brown, black, black, brown, brown... or brown, brown, black, black brown? Hmmmmm?

Joined 2019
Paid Member
Finally got the chassis. Test fit of SITs. I have determined that I have zero skills for tapping. Went through 2 bits and a tap for 4 holes. Learning as I go...

If all things go well, I should have a dual mono PSU and new chassis set up for it tomorrow or Thurs :D.

Attachments

• IMG_1506.jpg
    IMG_1506.jpg
    475.5 KB · Views: 271
Joined 2018
Paid Member
Use WD40 for drilling and tapping. Take it slow and gentle on tapping, back it out and remove the dreck often. Summary: slow, gentle, lube.

I learned the hard way on re-purposing some Rawson amp chassis by breaking a few taps.

By the way, tap jokes never get old (to me).

Joined 2018
Paid Member
I cut out the R13’s after I saw the big note

Phillips caps installed.

Waiting for Cinemags...

I saw the note about 100R - it looks like a few stray critters made it into my shipment! One on each board. My habit is to measure first one I pull from a bunch. Oops. Easy fix, glad I caught it now. Early is much better.

Attachments

• F5F66680-8582-46B9-9C0C-467FB098DFDD.jpeg
    F5F66680-8582-46B9-9C0C-467FB098DFDD.jpeg
    641.8 KB · Views: 254