140.9 KB · Views: 577
  • IMG_2843_1000.JPG
    IMG_2843_1000.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 564
  • IMG_2844_1000.JPG
    IMG_2844_1000.JPG
    181.9 KB · Views: 566
they survived the night : )

hard to tell in this (open baffle) set, speakers are cheap 20 bucks monacors without filter.
depth is really stunning (but OB set also stresses that), resolution.. i´m totally happy, maybe its not crystal, coming out of speakers (like F5), it´s like less annoying crystal, coming from outta space : )
(btw, i liked F5, "annoying" just used for illustration. : )

lower register, nothing to think of, it´s there.

Zen Mod, Papa, thanks for all, specially ZM for sleepless helping hand and not killing me via drone for leavin out resistors, flipping connections of SIT and so on, have to clean the bench now : )(and do a pic for gallery).

Heatwise there is enough room for 2A (instead 1.8), maybe i try in few days, but guess there is no difference.

tnx!!

Attachments

• IMG_2846-2.jpg
    IMG_2846-2.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 529
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
give them some time ...... and especially - good signal

drek in , drek out ..... so - when you give them proper source , good music , better speakers ........ you'll hear what's the all the frenzy about

and - as indra would say , somewhere in time try to flip speakers phase , to decide which way you like 'em more

after falling asleep at studio at 4am and doing a photography jobbie over the day i listend for several hours. Still in studio with cheap speakers. big ones anre in revision with crossover..

I really enjoy those amps. First impression is that for me it is really about virtual stage and depth. Instuments are extremly well defined in place. It is not a "in your face" amp like some 3rd harmonic amps. Still not shure how to describe, trebles can have immens energie, but lesser in the sens of tone, rather in sense of separation, dunno, cant do it better. Tones are a a bit rounded, stage has more contrast in a way.
Midrage really shines, i had a shiver today, listening to frazey ford´s voice and thought of 6L6 mentioning about F6, that he had the feeling that he listened to "the iron":) (in a good sense).
Of course i didn´t know what 6L6 talked about, but crazy thing is, I had same feeling today.
That that voice wasn´t to be to describes as "soft or just warm" as one may think of a 2nd H amp, but rather stressed (read "betont") in it´s transparency, a trasparency with a nice tad of harshness in a good sense of treble intense(content),

ok, that ending may sound gaga, but i just listened that short time,

@(ZM) may you report about your negative/positive Phase flavor : )?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
it's never too much Iron in signal chain :clown:

as we know , you'll have soon some quantity of amorphous one , to add to present amount

write more about your impressions , when you're in mood for that

ZM's flavor about phase with SissySIT - as is

anyway , it's easy - my speakers are already so sweet , so I'm content with pretty much all type of amps (regarding THD spectra) as long they're of exquisite quality :rofl:

Last edited:
today it´s not really about amp, its about bad source/cable.

I went to Conrad today to buy the 39R's to be able to trim the frontend right. Worked great btw! Aditionally i bought a minijack to cinch-cable (a extremly cheap one!) to replace the one in studio i stole frome home.

then, after rebiasing more subtle and istalling the cinch sockets i left out in the hurry, i went to the listening. stage, magic, was gone..i rechecked everything, thought i damaged something. i really was puzzled, but in the end had the stupid not so stupid idea to change back the cable to the first, better one, and magic was there again. It's still just laptop-cinchcable-amp, so not a good set, and never have been a cable fanatic, but todays lesson was clear : ) (being honest, i still can't believe it in that explicitness..)
just to share :)