Babelfish M25, SissySIT - general building tips and tricks

Joined 2003
Paid Member
nothing to worry about, that's just solder mask cooked while soldering little buggers with hot air

all jfets checked for continuity of contacts , cleaned with alcohol afterwards , even if using no-clean flux

Not sure what you mean exactly by "all Jfets checked for continuity of contacts" ....I do understand and know how to clean with alcohol.....or do you mean this is what you already did after solder work you did on boards with the little parts already soldered by you?

Thanks,

Russellc

Not sure what you mean exactly by "all Jfets checked for continuity of contacts" ....
It means all solder joints of the jfets pass ZM QC check. As a side note, I usually use a blue or green permanent marker to protect exposed copper trace/pad from oxidation.
...I do understand and know how to clean with alcohol.....
The best type to use is the one produced in Napa Valley. Cleans all the issues of the sonic presentation real good. :D

Joined 2003
Paid Member
It means all solder joints of the jfets pass ZM QC check. As a side note, I usually use a blue or green permanent marker to protect exposed copper trace/pad from oxidation.

The best type to use is the one produced in Napa Valley. Cleans all the issues of the sonic presentation real good. :D

Well, as you can see, it's not bear copper, but silvery coating. But, I'm sure you saw that! Like a blue or green sharpie? Alcohol will remove that, but I won't be dousing it once built. Alcohol will have to be that produced by area drug store.

Russrllc

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
can't remember where he obtained those fancy switches ...... irrelevant , because I'm using them only for firing up mains relays (some fancy name 10A thingie) , logically having 230Vac coils

there is also auxiliary circuit for remote trigger - nothing else than small binding posts at back , series diode , 7812 reg and decent 12Vdc coil relay , switch contacts in parallel with front switch contacts

easypeasysimple

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
btw , soldering of through hole parts, generally .......

call me lazy or careless or ignorant

when using proper quality solder (meaning flux quantity is exactly enough), I'm not finding any need for cleaning after all soldering is done

so , I'm cleaning only flux I'm using for smd soldering and even that for cosmetic reasons

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Can't wait to get my hands on this one, Duevels do need some 4ohm capable amp to sing their best.

Ernst please keep us posted about Donaudio's possible discount :)

I am in contact now with Don Audio. They are checking quotes now and will come back to me later. For a valid quote they need the demand.

So please send a PM to me in order to find out how many they should order for us. Send number of required trannies. I'll collect this for a few days.

Cheers

Ernst