Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Babelfish M25, SissySIT - general building tips and tricks
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th October 2019, 07:35 AM   #1241
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
Official Court Jester
diyAudio Member

few things - don't waste your time with WCF; I made it as option , but consensus by now is that is too much of good thing ...... interesting for Babelfish M25 , simply because of inherently much lower THD than SissySIT , so adding some sugar can be good in some circumstances

while with SissySIT , in most cases it is too much

regarding F4 - as I'm always saying - there is no comparison between amps really ...... but comparison of some other amp vs. preamp driving a F4 ...... simply because F4 is always just forwarding preamp's character , nothing more

and yes - that NP of yours ......... my Pa is eating him for breakfast , every day

NP is fun , as I heard , but Pa is much funnier

edit: luckily we had few more eyes and brains , to help with your adventure ; mine would suffice eventually , but it was faster with help of Greedy Boyz

and ....... don't waste your time with serious listening ...... just enjoy ; I know that you must (and you will ) realize the same , but now you made one of the best small amps money can buy ..... either commercially done or as DIY

Last edited by Zen Mod; 9th October 2019 at 07:42 AM.
Old 9th October 2019, 12:04 PM   #1242
ItsAllInMyHead is offline ItsAllInMyHead  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal3713 View Post
Screws are in and music is on in the big system.
Congratulations!
Old 9th October 2019, 05:17 PM   #1243
cal3713 is offline cal3713
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Mod View Post
few things - don't waste your time with WCF; I made it as option , but consensus by now is that is too much of good thing ...... interesting for Babelfish M25 , simply because of inherently much lower THD than SissySIT , so adding some sugar can be good in some circumstances

while with SissySIT , in most cases it is too much

regarding F4 - as I'm always saying - there is no comparison between amps really ...... but comparison of some other amp vs. preamp driving a F4 ...... simply because F4 is always just forwarding preamp's character , nothing more

and yes - that NP of yours ......... my Pa is eating him for breakfast , every day

NP is fun , as I heard , but Pa is much funnier

edit: luckily we had few more eyes and brains , to help with your adventure ; mine would suffice eventually , but it was faster with help of Greedy Boyz

and ....... don't waste your time with serious listening ...... just enjoy ; I know that you must (and you will ) realize the same , but now you made one of the best small amps money can buy ..... either commercially done or as DIY
As always, thanks for the input.

I feel really privileged to have mono-block F4s & SissySITS both just hanging out ready to make beautiful music. Plenty of frustration in the build process, but also lots of enjoyment and learning. And I don't need a large amp, so I'll just consider that I have two of the best available...
Old 10th October 2019, 06:07 PM   #1244
sontero is offline sontero  Italy
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal3713 View Post
As always, thanks for the input.

I feel really privileged to have mono-block F4s & SissySITS both just hanging out ready to make beautiful music. Plenty of frustration in the build process, but also lots of enjoyment and learning. And I don't need a large amp, so I'll just consider that I have two of the best available...
you have one....best: SissySit
Old 18th October 2019, 09:59 PM   #1245
asanden is offline asanden  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Hi, finally some time to make an attempt to get the sissysit up.
Pcb’s are done, cinemag HQ trafo
Will re-use my two identical M2 amps as dual channel mounted monoblocks, M2 and sissysit per chassis. I shall power one channel per chassis.

Sissy question...
I have 4 Harris p9240 unused; in the M2 it was advised to use them, got them from Teabag, but I used Toshiba’s, so 4 left over, could use 2 of them.
Would they improve the amp, and if so; need to be measured for Vgs?
Old 18th October 2019, 10:22 PM   #1246
Official Court Jester
diyAudio Member

o yeah , Harris welcomed

no need for any measurements ...... at least that was my experience with P Harris - they were all well more than 4V of Ugs , for I/V area of interest
Old 18th October 2019, 10:47 PM   #1247
asanden is offline asanden  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Thx, will do that
Old 23rd October 2019, 11:41 AM   #1248
BRN is offline BRN  United States
diyAudio Member

I have a couple of 20v 400va transformers and wanted to know if I could use them with a CRC power supply in the SissySIT? Not sure if it would be to much voltage.
Old 23rd October 2019, 12:05 PM   #1249
Official Court Jester
diyAudio Member

it'll work for sure , if you have proper set of SITs , measured at 24V/2A , with Ugs no more than 3V7 , when hot

possibility of slight increase of R in CRC , vs. my fave value of 0R1

say two paralleled WW of 0R47 , which will give you 0R235 , then you're shooting for 420mV across , when setting Iq (1A8)

if you abandon idea of using these, from any reason , feel free to send them to OPLDF
Old 23rd October 2019, 03:33 PM   #1250
Ylab is offline Ylab
diyAudio Member

Am I the only one here waiting for the cinemag transformers to arrive?! Paid for 2 months ago and no news since ! Board are fully stuffed and waiting patiently..

Babelfish M25, SissySIT - general building tips and tricksHide this!Advertise here!