Babelfish M25, SissySIT - general building tips and tricks

Power supply is built, chokes are Hammond 159ZJ (10mH) and caps are all 33,000uF. Caps are positioned so that I can get to the adjustment pots on the PCB without interference. I haven't put this on the scale yet, but it's already pretty darn heavy without sinks and the rest of the chassis. Might need to start going to the gym if I expect to move this around at all ;)

Just waiting on a shipment from Cinemag...

Attachments

• IMG_04708.JPG
    IMG_04708.JPG
    455 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_04709.JPG
    IMG_04709.JPG
    357.3 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_04710.JPG
    IMG_04710.JPG
    323.1 KB · Views: 132
Reactions: 4 users
Joined 2019
Paid Member
Gorgeous!!!!!

I'm literally laughing out loud. I was going to ask in the other external PSU thread if anyone used threaded rods for raising their boards. I figured I'd just go for it. I ordered a 10 pack of M4 threaded rods and lock nuts a few hours ago.

I am jealous of how easy you made it for yourself to connect the chokes. I went through far too much nonsense. I may redo it...

Congrats on a great looking, and I'm sure a fabulous performing PSU!!

:worship:

Reactions: 1 user
Ha, yeah I started stacking some long (15 or 20mm) PCB standoffs and it started getting a little ridiculous (I also didn't have enough), so I picked up some threaded rod instead. I used nylon lock nuts to help keep things from moving around afterward. The leads on the chokes we just long enough to reach the screw terminals - almost didn't make it. I was going to mount the screw terminals on the bottom of the PCB, but then I wouldn't be able to get at them with a screw driver.

Joined 2019
Paid Member
Just put this on the bathroom scale, the PSU plate weighs in at 35 lbs. The sinks are another 18 lbs. Looks like the completed amp will be somewhere near 60-65 lbs. Maybe I should have built two mono chassis…
That, age, stairs, and me not being anything close to Hercules ... is one of the many reasons I'm now building a separate PSU. I should actually weigh my BA-3. Oooooof.

Great stuff! Keep the pics coming.

Started work on a wooden faceplate for my SissySIT amp. It's maple with some vertical tiger-striping (will be evident once the oil is applied) with added walnut. I didn't have any left over wood that was tall enough to work, so I combined two boards. Dimensions are 18.75" wide and 8.5" tall by 0.75" thick. Need to round the edges and do some more sanding.

Attachments

• Face Plate.JPG
    Face Plate.JPG
    186.9 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: 1 user
Can someone please let me know how much current the SissySIT(42) draws?

I've got a LuDEF in a 4Ux400 Dissipante case and I'm intending to swap out the boards for the SissySIT(42). I'll then swap the boards back and forth as I like.

Which amp will run hottest? The LuDEF seems quite moderate / sensible temperature wise, it could certainly occupy a 4Ux300 case