Wayne's BA 2018 linestage

Possibly....I ended up using a 25 VA version in the end as it was big enough and fitted the case I wanted to use. I am also going to try the Millet Power supply which is smaller and has a 7 VA transformer I think.That give me the chance to use the Brodsky Stereo balanced Stepped attenuator. It is all a bit of a challenge to fit two sets of BA18 boards, power supply and Pot into a 240mm wide x 280mm deep 1U chassis.....Your PSU would also fit, Gaz, and using one from Nottingham has appeal. ( although I now have way too many options ) I used to live near Ashbourne and a previous DIY project was the Audio Synthesis DAC and Phono stage when the main man was based in Nottingham

SE operation

Request of our resident experts to help me build the preamplifier to operate in SE mode:

Should I change R20 to 10k and R18 to 27k as per Wayne's instructions (post #263). Or will it work without resistor changes?

Thanks all, - David

Quote:
To make this balanced to SE lift the gound of R17 and feed in the - signal and change R20 to 10K. R18 to 27K.

Request of our resident experts to help me build the preamplifier to operate in SE mode:

Should I change R20 to 10k and R18 to 27k as per Wayne's instructions (post #263). Or will it work without resistor changes?

Thanks all, - David

Quote:
To make this balanced to SE lift the gound of R17 and feed in the - signal and change R20 to 10K. R18 to 27K.

On the input side I just tied the Input (-) and GND together. Works beautifully without changing the resistor values you mentioned. Mine is configured as headphone amp with pre out. Hope this helps.

Regards

Gaz

Joined 2017
Paid Member
cinemag?

I use the UltraBiB with mine. UltraBiB PS+BA 2018+Cinemag autoformer+F4 does not leave me wanting for much, it's really really good.

I admire your solution, and thus try to find out how I could get there too–6L6 pointed me to "1:1 quadfilar transformer as autoformer", but... I get lost in the web and here. If I may ask, what part do you use, and how is it connected?
Generally, where do I find noobie-friendly information about what to use, and how to connect those cans? (like always, mighty ZenMod seems to be really good at, but I have difficulties to understand what exactly he is telling us...)
:D
david

Missing Resistors

Hey Folks got a quick question.

Ordered a Parts Kit from the DIY store for "Wayne's Burning Amp 2018 Linestage".

Two resistors were missing.

The placement on the schematic is R21, R22,R41,R45
These are the 1K resistors.

Anyone have a "Mouser" part number that will work for these resistors?

The Very Kind Folks at the DIY store refunded me 10 bucks or gave me a choice to have them sent from the supplier on the East Coast. I am live 218 miles from Mouser. I can get them tommorrow.

Thank Folks

Joined 2017
Paid Member

On the input side I just tied the Input (-) and GND together. Works beautifully without changing the resistor values you mentioned.

Ok, so it's fine with a simpler approach.
But, Wayne, would you mind to explain what your method does to ... the signal?