Wayne's BA 2018 linestage

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
It's a new board made after a conversation at this year's RMAF... Uses 2 positive regulators, LD1084, which you can stack and make bipolar, or run as two separate if your circuit requires that.

John says;
"Here the layout for a new PCB, which either can put out two totally independent LV regulated outputs or a bipolar regulated outputs.
It uses only positive regulators, which good as we can use either the LD1084 LDO 5A regulator or the LM317-HV, which is good for up to 57Vdc of raw input DC voltage.
In other words, we can make a +/-45Vdc bipolar PS if we need to.
The circuit is the same as two LV-Reg, which uses a pre-regulator RC filter circuit. Way cool, as it greatly unloads the regulator of dealing with HF hash and vastly improves the PSRR. "

The only requirement, which is very minor, is you must use a transformer with dual secondaries. Center-tapped won't work.

Reactions: 1 user

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Ok, I've got 37 stereo kits.

I bought the Jfets in a rush after I had a good number in my Mouser cart and they got sold out from under me as I was taking too long, so I then, in pretty much a panic, bought a bunch from Digi-Key, and then decided to just make kits for the early adopters and people who got boards at Burning Amp this year.

I wasn't intending on making money on these so here's the deal -

My actual gross cost per stereo kit, packed, but before shipping, is just a bit more than $18.00.

I'd like you to pay me whatever you think it's worth, as long as it's not less than $18 plus shipping. This will strictly be first come first serve (and some people have already reached out) so even if the 38th person offers me a thousand dollars for the last kit, too bad. There's a limit of 2 kits per person, for those of you wanting to build balanced. Wayne is going to send me most of the remaining PCB, so if you need PCBs also, I'll add those at no cost.

PM me if you want a set.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Semiconductors in the mylar bag, passives in the ziplock.

attachment.php

Toshiba SMD Jfets, OnSemi bipolar transistors, and the specific Liteon LED specified by Wayne

attachment.php

All resistors are Mil-spec Dale RN55, the red caps are Wima, and the little blue ones are TDK. Small footprint trimmer pot to fit the PCB

Attachments

• IMG_2083 2.jpg
    IMG_2083 2.jpg
    672.9 KB · Views: 5,993
  • IMG_2084 2.jpg
    IMG_2084 2.jpg
    394.5 KB · Views: 5,956
  • IMG_2085 2.jpeg
    IMG_2085 2.jpeg
    724.6 KB · Views: 5,982
  • IMG_2086 2.jpeg
    IMG_2086 2.jpeg