Wayne's BA 2018 linestage

Reading the Vishay data sheet for them, they state they are specifically made for high end audio, so it would be nice to find out who is actually using them, as Vishay would not be making them if they did not sell.

It seems the "audio version" is a "naked" version of the "real" industrial version. So Z-foil is not specifically developed for audio.

"Real" version:
https://docs-emea.rs-online.com/webdocs/0d9a/0900766b80d9a540.pdf

"Naked" version (audio):
http://www.vishaypg.com/docs/63140/var.pdf

What difference should encapsulation does to sound? ...voodoo?
Maybe a tiny bit higher capacitance…...but for long time stability the encapsulation is made to protect the resistor.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I sent a message to people who requested PCBs. So far everybody who's asked will be getting a set. :D

There are still a few left, if you would like a set please see below -

I have the last batch of the purple PCBs that Wayne had made. There are about 50 stereo sets. I will send a set to anybody interested if you pay shipping.

If interested send me a PM with -

Forum Name

Real name

email

post address.

They will fit in a standard envelope so I suspect shipping won't be all that much.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Regarding Jfet grade -

I listened through Wayne's presentation video again and he actually said he used the GR, and for the currents used, that totally makes sense. (The BL will work just fine as well, as I've built 3 with them... :) :) :) They are in a CCS, so it sorta doesn't matter. )

I've updated the Mouser cart - Mouser Electronics Wayne's 2018 line stage project cart

Anyway, I'm so used to everything Pass using BL grade Toshibas that it's a pretty reflexive response for me to blurt out, "Bee Ell !"

Carry on. :D

Last edited:
Jim. I sent you a PM with requested info. Interested! Thanks :)

I sent a message to people who requested PCBs. So far everybody who's asked will be getting a set. :D

There are still a few left, if you would like a set please see below -

I have the last batch of the purple PCBs that Wayne had made. There are about 50 stereo sets. I will send a set to anybody interested if you pay shipping.

If interested send me a PM with -

Forum Name

Real name

email

post address.

They will fit in a standard envelope so I suspect shipping won't be all that much.