Wayne's BA 2018 linestage

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I researched those caps, bought those caps, sorted those caps, packaged them and shipped them.

Is it any surprise that I saw them in the wrong spot?

(Actually, if truth be told, I was looking at the same solder joint that MEPER was asking about and thats when I saw the 220 on the PCB silk, and realized that the blue one isn’t the 220...)

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Only one fatality in surgery, one of the 10 poof caps lost a leg. 6l6, gotta part number?
going through all my parts, none this small. found some 680 poofers, I'm pretty sure I have some 100 poof caps but cant find. I better look at amazon or ebay for small quantity. What Am I looking for, ceramic or what? 50 volt, 100 volt or ?

I could have these in 10 days:

Jameco Valuepro MD10-VP-R Monolithic Radial Ceramic Capacitor, 10 pF Capacitance, 50V, Epoxy Dipped Case (Pack of 40): Amazon.com: Gateway

Thanks,

Russellc

Last edited:
Looking at the pictures, I would suggest cleaning the boards with some isopropyl alcohol and a brush to remove the left over flux, especially where currents are very small like the base currents of Q7 and Q11 (Nano amps).

You will also be able to see bad solder joints easier?

BDP

I have the last batch of the purple PCBs that Wayne had made. There are about 50 stereo sets. I will send a set to anybody interested if you pay shipping.

If interested send me a PM with -

Forum Name

Real name

email

post address

They will fit in a standard envelope so I suspect shipping won't be all that much.

Hi Jim, sent you a PM yesterday for a set of boards.

thanks