Wayne's BA 2018 linestage

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Somebody suggested these as a way to mount the purple board. I'm looking forward to trying them.

Board Edge Mounting Kit - Pack of 4 ID: 1116 - $2.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits

1116-01.jpg

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Right?? I want to hear it myself, particularly as I have a $600 Mouser order of parts for kits sitting on my bench. The 2SK209's were getting sucked up from the normal players and I bought enough to get the ball rolling, and decided to just get everything to stuff the PCBs.

I've been quite busy with my real job and will get back to some semblance of normal the week before Christmas.

Right?? I want to hear it myself, particularly as I have a $600 Mouser order of parts for kits sitting on my bench. The 2SK209's were getting sucked up from the normal players and I bought enough to get the ball rolling, and decided to just get everything to stuff the PCBs.

I've been quite busy with my real job and will get back to some semblance of normal the week before Christmas.

Mouser has 0 in stock in the GR gain band. I wonder why...:fight:

Fortunately I am not a doctor. I like to think of doctors as Bonanza killers.

:D Same net effect .. sketchy airframes and low time pilots are a proven combo..
Witness the homebuilt crowd.
Not just Doctors killed but more than a couple Rock 'n Roll musicians died in Bonanzas.

Hopefully you have a few thousand hours.
Be a shame to lose a valuable Audio resource

Last edited:
I have a $600 Mouser order of parts for kits sitting on my bench. The 2SK209's were getting sucked up from the normal players and I bought enough to get the ball rolling, and decided to just get everything to stuff the PCBs.

Since I waited too long and now the transistors are no longer available from Mouser, It would be nice if a parts kit was offered without the PCB for those of us with the purple boards. Unless, of course the PCB would only add a few dollars to the kit.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Finally got to playing with this - it works and sounds great!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attenuator is a Tubecad A5, and the power supply is a Tubecad new design that isn't yet in his store. (But if you email him and ask, he has some for sale...)

I bought a bunch of parts and will be making parts kits to populate the PCBs soon, PM if interested, I think I've only got enough for about 30 sets.

Attachments

• IMG_2018.jpg
    IMG_2018.jpg
    338.9 KB · Views: 6,983
  • IMG_2019.jpg
    IMG_2019.jpg
    569.7 KB · Views: 6,984
  • IMG_2020.jpg
    IMG_2020.jpg
    377.2 KB · Views: 6,981
  • IMG_2021.jpg
    IMG_2021.jpg